Element Review: 7094 King's Castle Siege

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

supernova wrote:Hmmm the dark wizard seems to have to the torso of the Star Wars royal guards yea? :)
Also, does the princess have 2 expressions on her face (one on each side)?
Yes, the wizard's torso is the same of a Star Wars royal guard. The princess does have a two sided head. One side is screaming as seen in the box art ( http://www.lugnet.com/castle/sets_2007/7093.jpg ) and one side she is calm.

Ben
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

architect wrote:I am still working on my reviews but I took some time tonight to photograph figures that you wanted to see. Check them out!

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... knight.jpg
http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... dstaff.jpg
http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... knight.jpg

Ben
Now I'm going crazy for these mini-figures... Does the knight with the visor have the same face as the knight with the grill helm you showed?
Lawkeeper
Peasant

Post by Lawkeeper »

TLC finally realized that the swortswords were the best ones they ever made. Also nice: the chrome sword.
The horse looks cool, and about the dark blue horse head armor: I think you can't have enough ot them! The torsos are cool, too.
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

Zacku wrote:When I saw that picture on the front page, I thought LEGO had actually decided to make a new accessory pack.

Way to dash my hopes, Ben. :wink:

OMG!!!!

lol... and i thought i was the only one who saw that!

I initially thought the 'xact same thing :!:

Wow, we really need a Castle accessory pack for Christmas this year.

We need it so bad...
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Amazingly. This is the direction I've been waiting for LEGO to take for quite awhile now. The barding with mail design is superb. I'm really not fond of the purple/blue/whatever colour, though (I'm colourblind, so give me a break if I got that wrong).

Easily the two best things going on here (besides the obvious - the return of the pointed visor) would be the focus on silver accessories, and the amazing prints on the standard Euro-armour pieces. Those look so gorgeous that I'm tempted to shell out an arm and a leg to get a set now (but alas, they'll likely be on backorder before I even get out my credit card).

I'll be buying tons of this stuff.

The one negative, because there always needs to be a negative, is that the 'fur-trimmed' torso from the Vikings line just does not fit (in my opinion) with the knights. It looks strange and out of place, and kind of silly in that colour-scheme anyway. Should have been left out in favour of something else, or even just doubling-up on one of the torsos in the set.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

Wonder. Sheer wonder. I had already looked at the zoom thing on Shop@Home, but actually getting a clear look at the pieces... Is it just me, or are those skellies spooky to the point of cute?
This set will be mine, if I have to pass up the Mars Mission sets.
(Yeah, I like 'em. Don't like the humans and martians fighting, but I can change that...)
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I also wanted to pipe up about the new skeleton designs. I like the fact that TLC has giving more sturdy arms to the skeletons so that they can hold weapons besdies hanging down. Cool actions poses!!!!!!!! You really cannot go wrong with knights vs. the undead!!!!

Also, a bit off topic, but as The Fright Knight mentioned the Misson to Mars set. I liked what I saw there. It reminded me of the 80s space sets which I had a few of.

Needless to say I am very excited about the new Castle line coming out soon!
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

[quote="Coatsy"]I also wanted to pipe up about the new skeleton designs. I like the fact that TLC has giving more sturdy arms to the skeletons so that they can hold weapons besdies hanging down. Cool actions poses!!!!!!!! You really cannot go wrong with knights vs. the undead!!!!
[quote]

I agree that the new skeletons are nice, but nothing beats the original skeleton for lying on an old battlefield with a sword/sabre/spear through the ribs, head askew and the arms splayed out at the sides in his final collapse. I love the original LEGO skeletons. They're actually :oops: cute :oops: . :wink:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Oh I totally agree, the older skeletons are great. I have a good number of them. But my only problem with the old bone crew is that their arms are loose and do not stay in one place.

Now I can have both.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Coatsy wrote:Oh I totally agree, the older skeletons are great. I have a good number of them. But my only problem with the old bone crew is that their arms are loose and do not stay in one place.

Now I can have both.
Exactly. 8)
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Building this set reminded me of my first Lego castle build... the Black Falcon's Fortress. At the same time, it also reminded me of my favorite castle set: Black Monarch's Castle.

I loved almost everything about it. I can't be too picky, after all, since Lego has really hit a jackpot here. Now I have two of them and have built it the way I like it.