The Classic-Castle Good/Bad Trade Report List

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
BreadMan
Archer

The Classic-Castle Good/Bad Trade Report List

Post by BreadMan »

In the past we've discussed having some sort of trade ratings page for members. I was thinking that in the very least, why not have an ongoing thread in this forum to report on successful and not so successful trades? Perhaps a mod/admin might like to sticky this?

I'll start with a trade I just did with Pat (LEGOFREAK).

Pat was looking for a grey classic space/castle helmet. We sent a couple PMs back and forth discussing possible trades, then he said he'd send me an email a week later after he'd had the chance to go through his collection. A little more than a week, but not long enough for me to get worried, he offered up a couple less-common pirate torsos and 8 royal knight shields, a trade I considered more than fair (bricklink prices or no, it's just one helmet! :P). He emailed me a couple days later to say he'd sent them, and I recieved them shortly afterwards (we were both in California so it was pretty fast). They were shipped in a baggie packed in a small padded envelope, very secure and no apparent damage from shipping. One shield was a little scratched but this looked like older damage, and I don't mind the scratch especially since he sent three more than he said he would(!). I'm assuming this wasn't an error since he mentioned he likes to surprise people, so let me know if that's in error Pat and I'll gladly reimburse. :)

I would easily recommend trading with 'Freak to any other CC members. Thanks Pat!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Well, I guess this is the right place for it...

I am sorry to say that I have still not received my two sets (10039 & 6096) from Two-Tonic Knight. He cashed my check back in February, and my mom has called him twice (once in March, once in April). Both times he agreed to send it, but I still haven't gotten them.

I'd like to say that he's a good trader/seller, but I'm afraid that (for now) I can't.

:(

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

Yeah I agree that Teutonic knight totally scammed us. I sent him $100 for the dragon army in Feburary, and I havent received anything yet.

For those who have been saying "have patience life gets in the way," I say that when things are going tough and you know life will get in the way, then dont promise something you cant deliver. And it's been 3 months already.

This has been the most unsatisfying online buying experience for me.

Also, it cant be just me and Smcginnis - there must be others who got scammed too.

Luke

PS is there legal recourse to this? maybe we should call the police and see what they can do.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Lcuan82 wrote:Yeah I agree that Teutonic knight totally scammed us. I sent him $100 for the dragon army in Feburary, and I havent received anything yet.

Luke
I know I won't be buying from him... I think Kelderic(sp?) said something happened to him like that with him (and the same person who you are buying from. Maybe I should have let Kelderic say this...).
supernova
Journeyman

Post by supernova »

TTK aside, I've had good trades with ZIGGY! and kelderic. ZIGGY! refunded me some $$ for a part that was cracked, and the lot I got from kelderic was in pristine condition.
Would recommend both of them :)
~~ Supernova ~~

Good trades with: Chrislad77, kelderic, Strider, Unknown Knight and ZIGGY!
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Post by xbloodyfangs »

Lcuan82 wrote:
PS is there legal recourse to this? maybe we should call the police and see what they can do.
:? Isn't that a little... extreme? :roll:
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

supernova wrote:TTK aside, I've had good trades with ZIGGY! and kelderic. ZIGGY! refunded me some $$ for a part that was cracked, and the lot I got from kelderic was in pristine condition.
Would recommend both of them :)
Oh yeh that was a great trade!!! I still make use of those helmets. You know I know this is the wrong place but if you have blank bue torsos...

~Ziggy
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

Hey Ziggy,
First let me say that this is a very good candidate for sticky and it will certainly help the trading community to feel even safer.
I also think that I'm very glad I didn't get involved with TTK (though I sure did try) and that a sticky like this would go a long way to avoiding these kinds of problems. Best of luck to all who fell victim (brushes the sweat from my brow thankful it wasn't me) though I might wait a little bit before calling the cops.
ZIGGY Is that blank BLUE torsos you be wanting?PM me.
G'day all,
Ser Lotar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: The Classic-Castle Good/Bad Trade Report List

Post by LEGOFREAK »

BreadMan wrote: so let me know if that's in error Pat and I'll gladly reimburse. :)

I would easily recommend trading with 'Freak to any other CC members. Thanks Pat!
Thanks man. and no it wasn't in error. I tossed in the one with the scratches and a couple of others, just because I thought you could use them. I thought I threw in some extra heater shields too, but I guess I forgot those. :oops:

I'll say that so far I haven't been burned at all. Every trade I've made here has gone really really well. I did mess up and lose a package (I forget with who, so chime in if you remember) for a couple of months, but I found it again and mailed it out with extra parts because of the delay.

(don't know where my brain was on the day I misplaced the package.. :roll: )
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I've had all good trades with members here. I can't remember them all, so if you are left out, chime in!

I've traded with at least:
-Ziggy
-When Legos Attack
-Richard AM
-(I forgot) pacman110011

I am embarrased to say that my end of the trade with Richard took far longer than it should. I was busy and forgot. However we resolved it and were both satisfied.

Like I said I've traded with others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Last edited by wunztwice on Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
pacman110011
Artisan

Post by pacman110011 »

I've traded with Wunztwice, E of Alshire, and cd536, all of which are great guys. I'm sure there are more, but those are the only ones I can remember.
-Devin
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I have had nothing but positive experiences trading through this site. I've made deals with:

Troy T. Moore
BlueSecrets
ACpin

All went very smoothly, and I'd recommend any of them.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Well, I've made a one-sided deal with Freak once.(Remember the time that I've told you about the promotion in Legoland?). He sent me a custom fig along with a couple of golden bricks. For trades, Freak is da man ;).
when_legos_attack
Villein

Post by when_legos_attack »

i have has some awsome trade's also,since i join this site:

i cant remeber everybody who i traded with,but so-far these are the 3 trades,i can remember!

wunztwice
MaxiVisVires
killo watts
ziggy
the shadow knight
Last edited by when_legos_attack on Thu May 22, 2008 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

leaf_of_lire wrote:I think Kelderic(sp?) said something happened to him like that with him (and the same person who you are buying from. Maybe I should have let Kelderic say this...).
I am not sure what you are thinking I said. I know the same as everybody else, that he wasn't here for a couple months, he popped up for a couple days, and now he hasn't been heard from for a couple of months.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.