Monarth is being publicised!!!

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Prince Imdol
Master

Monarth is being publicised!!!

Post by Prince Imdol »

A lot has happened with the Chronicles of Monarth. The good news is that, it is being published to a short story book, along with my friends stories.
This will be through my school.
I have re-edited the whole first five chapters, and added a chapter.
The Forest of Ahlan.
http://www.freewebs.com/rohanador2/thef ... ahnlan.htm

I also edited the first chapter to be the second chapter, and added the new first chapter to be "Three Lights in the Dark" It will be posted on the site soon.
I have changed around the chapter "The Siege of the Moon Tower" to be much better, and even cooler. (Not changed yet though) I have changed the Ostiten Paladin into a Necromancer and Elementalist. Hopefully the school will decide to sell this. That would be my dream.

Thanks for Listening.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Re: Monarth is being publicised!!!

Post by eNiGMa »

Prince Imdol wrote:The good news is that, it is being published to a short story book, along with my friends stories.
This will be through my school.
Hey cool, does your school have a literary magazine, or something? I was on my school's literary magazine staff this year, and we put together a wonderful production. That kind of stuff is always fun. :)

Anyway, it sounds like you've got some good plans going for your story. I look forward to seeing how all the changes turn out!
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Hey, congrats! That's a really nice feeling.. (I've had a book of my own published, but not with LEGO..) It would be interesting to see how it looks like, or a cover at least.

Oh, and are your LEGO illustrations included or is it just text? I assume it's the later but having LEGO would be sooo cool ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Maedhros wrote:Hey, congrats! That's a really nice feeling.. (I've had a book of my own published, but not with LEGO..) It would be interesting to see how it looks like, or a cover at least.

Oh, and are your LEGO illustrations included or is it just text? I assume it's the later but having LEGO would be sooo cool ;)
You had a book published?! What is it?

I'm writing my own book at the moment. I hope to publish it myself, soon.

- Matt
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Maedhros wrote:Hey, congrats! That's a really nice feeling.. (I've had a book of my own published, but not with LEGO..) It would be interesting to see how it looks like, or a cover at least.

I am not sure if they will have a cover. THey may choose something from each book, or just have a illustration of a scene from one of the books.
My Frieds story is a SiFi story called Discover.

I dont think I will be using my illustration for this. I think those are only a side thing for fun.

There is a fantasy story in there along with some other that I have no Idea about.

What was the book you published?

P.I
Thomas C.

Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Prince Imdol wrote:What was the book you published?
Sir Kohran wrote:You had a book published?! What is it?
Not to steal your thunder, Imdol, but since you asked ;)

Here it is, and here is a better view of the cover. The title would mean "It's Snowing Ashes" in English but since that just sounds silly "Ashes Are Falling" or something would probably sound better...

To make a long story short it's about a French knight during the Fourth Crusade (1202-1204) that sacked Constantinople. It was a hugish project for school, ended up being about a hundred pages.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Congratulations to both Prince Imdol and Maedhros. It's great to have these talented authors as part of CC.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Congrats Prince Imdol. Getting that first step through the door is a great encouragement and confidence builder. Having your booked published by your school is great because you have proof to show family and friends, and you know that there's a chance that teachers and classmates will read it. I once hade a poem "published" in a poetry book, but wasn't sure if it actually got printed. It won first place in a local contest and did get read during a troop support rally during Operation Desert Storm though.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Thanks. THe book that my friend wrote is here:
http://www.freewebs.com/gkaemmer

I hope it gets printed. Mr. Fitz is figuring out how far this will actually go.

P.I
Thomas C.