Brikwars Armies: What's your Army like?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lawkeeper
Peasant

Brikwars Armies: What's your Army like?

Post by Lawkeeper »

For y'all army builders out there, what's your army like? Does it specialize itself in sieges, han-to-hand combat or ranged weapons? Are there different classes? Who's the leader?
Please tell as much about your army as you like.

EDIT: Your army doesn't HAVE to be Brikwars, any army will do.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Although I have yet to use my armies for ANY BrikWars...

They're all varied as they come from several civilizations, timelines, and even "other worlds".

But so far the largest armies I have come from the Medieval and Ancient era.
China, Persia, Arabia, Rome/Byzantium, and the Sil'Agver (alien race modelled after the Goa'uld of StarGate-SG1) are the largest factions.

There are many, many more factions.

The Chinese up until the Colonial Era factions, are the most advanced on Earth. Mostly armed with Crossbowmen, Mounted Crossbowmen, Archers, Horse Archers, Heavy Cavalry, and Firelancers (early firearm).

Persia... is just HUGE. Nothing too special about them. Just lots of soldiers (who resemble ninjas armed with spears), and of course Heavy Cavalry, and both infantry and mounted archers.

Rome, is all about the Legions. While its later successor Byzantium, despite having large infantry armies, also has heavy cavalry.

The Arabians are around in the Ancient Era, but their armies become much more prominent in the Medieval Era. They're mostly infantry armed with spears, scimitars, and archers. They also have plenty of light cavalry and horse archers.

Now the Sil'Agver, despite being alien... were around at this time period. But they did not attack Earth, at least within the last 10,000years. I also have 5 "Antedeluvian" (spacefaring) civilizations from Earth who keep them in check. But they're another story.

The Sil'Agver are not that much different than the Goa'uld and Jaffa from StarGate or the Necromongers from Riddick. Basically, the Sil'Agver warriors look like "Space Knights" armed with spear-shaped weapons that fire powerful energy bolts. Im also in the process of designing some kind of Drop Ship and fighters for these guys.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Lawkeeper
Peasant

Post by Lawkeeper »

Wow, that's quite a lot of armies, and I think they're pretty good.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

I perfer English Legions. Like the english army they are armed with halebreds, swords, crossbows, and bows. But in the size of 48, not thousands. Prominet in the battles like Agincourt, and siege of Anitoch. The English were known to have exellent milatary comanders from Richard the lionhearted, to Henry the fifth. Edit: Note that English have the best longbowman on the world!

Of course this is only a real world faction, not lego faction.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Patron of the lego wrote: Note that English have the best longbowman on the world!
Actualy I think that they had about the only longbowmen in the world.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Strider
Laborer

Post by Strider »

Emp.Justinian wrote:
Patron of the lego wrote: Note that English have the best longbowman on the world!
Actualy I think that they had about the only longbowmen in the world.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
what other countrys had longbowmen? NONE!
Fighting my way through skeletons
Grondar
Gong Farmer

Post by Grondar »

I haven't really made any armies for Brikwars, I prefer to just divide my collection of figs evenly between the players and throw a battlefield together, resulting in a mix of spacemen, townspeople, knights, wizards, soldiers etc.
Umm... I've got nothing to put here.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

My Brikwars games are composed of three or four factions of 20-30 minifigs each: Empire, Rebellion, Confederacy, and occasionally Mercenary.

The Empire has 21 assorted stormtroopers and clonetroopers, a V-Wing fighter, two speederbikes, three mechanics (I use TIE pilots), one crappy AT-ST that I put together in two minutes for a game, and a sad lack of officers.

The Rebellion has around 25 random 'spacey' figs, a few small landspeeders, two skiff-like craft, a small heavy weapons platform, a modified Jedi Starfighter, two airspeeders, and far too much bravado for its own good.

The Confederacy is composed of 20 battle droids and super battle droids, 9 robotic-looking torsos with blank heads (mostly Blacktron and black Futuron), a few mobile artillery pieces, a spider droid, a tank droid, a repair droid, and a poor grasp on the meaning of 'fear' and 'retreat'.

The Mercenaries are about 35 figs that don't fit in with any other side but still have a vaguely unified feel. They have a small fighter, two APCs, and no sense of honor whatsoever.

My Brikwars battles are usually just a straightforward 'kill everyone else' plasticfest, but it's nice to have a themed battle every now and then, just to spice things up.
HeartOfDorkness
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Um... ever heard of Japanese Samurai Archers armed with 7-foot long bows?

They practice a martial art called Kyu-Do, or "way of the bow" aka "Japanese Archery". But their long bows are a bit unusual. You hold it at 1/3 its height...

Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

To add, that arrow shape is also odd. It isn't broad brimed.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Oh and tribes people and cultures in Southeast Asia, Pacific Islands, and even South America have Long Bow type weapons as well that is just as big as the English longbow. But so far Japan's Kyu-Do longbow is the largest standing at about 7ft tall.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

I use Fry_Slayer's simplified Brickwars rules to build my armies. Speaking of which.....I have created three!

My first army is my good guys army. It has 13 foot soldiers with weapons and shields, 4 soldiers with two weapons, a king, a champion, 2 knights with shields, 5 archers and 4 horses, three of which have helmets.

My bad guy army has 18 foot soldiers with shields, 6 soldiers without shields, 3 soldiers with 2 weapons, a king, a champion, 3 archers and 5 horses, 2 of which have armor.

My third army is composed of only three units! All three of the soldiers in this army are giants. In this army there is a heavy armored giant, a medium armored giant and a light armored giant. The heavy armored giants stats are as follows: 6 hit points, 3d6+2 attack, 4" move, 3 on a d10 for armor save and 4 on a d6 for his to be hit roll. The medium giants stats are as follows: 5 hit points, 2d6+2 attack, 6" move, 5 on a d10 for armor save and 4 on a d6 for his to be hit roll. The light armored giants stats are: 4 hit points, 1d6+2 attack, 8" move, 7d10 for armor save and 4 on his to be hit roll.

My first and second armies are each 260 points (using Fry_Slayers point system) and my giant army is 300 points (heavy giant-120 points, med. giant-100 points, light giant-80 points)

Tell me what you think of my armies! Especially my giant army!
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Sir Lancelot
Villein

Post by Sir Lancelot »

My Brickwars army only has 10 soldiers, all Demon Maws (Thank you Anthony Sava). They aren't very good, but its fun!
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

My army? Well because it is so small right now there aren't many classes. Pretty much there is only spears and swords and a few knights. My soldiers specialize is H2H combat, but they do have a couple of archers that help them out. They also have verry little seige equiptment, giving them a more defencive mode in battle. Well... that all of it I think...
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I think there is already a topic on this, isn't there?

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn