Stuifzand's Castle Gate

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hey, Saskia,

that's a pretty beatiful castle, both in its overall shape and in its details. It has kind of a Renaissance-look to it, and for my German eyes it also looks Dutch. :-)
The scenery is very well composed, too.

Tot ziens,
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

good creation :D
Kozai13
Peasant

Post by Kozai13 »

Woah! Thats more than awesome, thats amazing! Great job with this MOC! :D
Matt

Check out my brickshelf account:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Matman13

And my brickset profile:
http://www.brickset.com/profile/default.aspx?user=Matman13
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

Very nice. I like how you did the eaves and the white windows on the second floor. I was browsing through the rest of your brick shelf and you have some other impressive creations.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
reepblue
Villein

Post by reepblue »

I can learn from this MOC. It is very nice. One thing that I like is that the MOC has the handle pieces on its side to make the windows. Great Job!
bobthelegobuilder
Serf

Post by bobthelegobuilder »

It looks really cool and I especially like the way she :wink: did the trees. Maybe we could get some bigger pictures of the trees.
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. (Abraham Lincoln)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... egobuilder]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I LOVE this gate. For some crazy farfetched reason, it looks a little tiny small bit like Minis Tirith Front gate.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Totally awesome. I really love that tree on the left. Excellent overall design & great use of space. The red roofs are very nice too, it really makes the whole structure pop out. Brilliant :D
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Wow, I'm really flattered by all these compliments!
Thanks! :D
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Ditto the earlier comments. I like the Renaissance (sorry late can't spell) feel. It's a period I don't care for the architechure (see what I mean?) of. But you have captured the probably false sense I have of the bucolic nature of those times for those who lived in rural areas.

Are there similar buildings near you? Do you get to see these types of building (the gamut of "castle" type buildings I mean) everyday, or near enough? Here in the New World we must pour over pictures and watch TV for inspiration, except for those fortunate enough to travel to Europe. How big a role do those old buildings play in your choice of buildings?

Again, an outrstanding MOC, well done, Richard
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

SASISKA!

This MOC is super impressive. I really think it's great. What criticism could there even be for a MOC of such caliber.

None.

Nice work! Out of curiosity, do tell of it's construction. How long did it take?

Anyway. Kudos to you on a great piece of work!

LEGO© <3
DOOM
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Great well design. May have to steal that, as I've been trying to design a decent well for several years now... I'm curious about those yellow cart wheels, did they come in any set? Also, is that a light blue wizard hat?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Athos wrote:Great well design. May have to steal that, as I've been trying to design a decent well for several years now... I'm curious about those yellow cart wheels, did they come in any set? Also, is that a light blue wizard hat?

Steve
Rare color wheels which were not in sets are available from several bricklink sellers in Germany. The blue is somewhat washed out in these photos.

Saskia,

This is a wonderful creation as usual. I especially like the turrets on either side of the gate. The red roof peaks are nice (and not used frequently in mocs because of the rare pieces).

Ben
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Indeed, the yellow wheels I bought in a German bricklinkshop. I've got them also in green, blue, tan and white (not to brag or anything :P ;))

These red peaks were in the pick a brick boxes in toy stores a few years ago in The Netherlands/Belgium. Some people might remember that.
I had to buy the steep slopes though.

It's sad the steep corner slopes in black are so expensive, I like black roofs too :D

It's not that I live in a medieval village by the way, but there are plenty of old buildings in the neighbourhood. Germany is not that far from where I live, and of course that is castle walhalla :D
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Simply put.....Outstanding! I especially like the arched enty way. The little details here and there help flesh the piece out to give it a realistic look.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"