New Castle theme - new roleplay?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

smcginnis wrote: On another, entirely unrelated, and much more useful subject; do you guys think I'm putting too much work into my RP posts? I know most people only post a smaller amount of lines each time, without much regard for... presentation. ;) So, should I be posting shorter posts, more often? (side note—I'm probably not going to change the way I post. I'm just wondering what people think.)

~smcginnis
Smcginnis, write the way that you feel most comfortable. I actaully like your style and the plots you having going are pretty good so far. I may have to make a character just so I can join in on the fun. :wink: and there is certainly nothing wrong with taking your time on writing a long and well devised post. It’s actually encouraged.
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Okay, I'll keep my posts long.:D

The new one's my longest yet... although maybe in the old 'middle' roleplay, there were some longer. I don't remember, and I don't want to check. ;)

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Three brand new characters :D

Character's Name: Lucius Angelus Alcander
Character's Age: 53
Character's Information (family history, etc.): To most Black Knights Lucius IS The Order of the Twilight. He has been their Grandmaster since he defeated the Viking invasion of 30 years ago and dragged the dead body of the former Grandmaster (his uncle Publius Angelus) out of the flames of the old Temple. As the head of the famous Angelus family he has also become a sort of spiritual leader for the Black Knights and most people look up to him rather than the High Priest (his cousin Patricius Angelus Caelestinus). nowadays he isn't very active though and people expect him to give up his postion to his promising son Gnaeus Angelus Alcander soon.
Character's Faction (choose from the official factions): Black Knights
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasant, knight, etc.): Grandmaster of the Order of Twilight
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): Armour, mace, shield and horse.
Character's Looks (picture URL, picture must not be bigger than 400x400 pixels. If you have no picture describe character's torso design, head design, hair color, etc.): Image

Character's Name: Patricius Angelus Caelestinus
Character's Age: 49
Character's Information (family history, etc.): Patricius had the divine light in his eyes from his birth and never had a chance to choose his career. He has never complained though and fulfills his duty as High Priest perfectly.
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasant, knight, etc.): High Priest
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): The Orb and the Sickle. And a staff.
Character's Looks (picture URL, picture must not be bigger than 400x400 pixels. If you have no picture describe character's torso design, head design, hair color, etc.): Image

Character's Name: Ectorius Rigidus
Character's Age: 19
Character's Information (family history, etc.): The fourth son of a lower class Senator. Ectorius was always too shy to follow the footsteps of his father but his strong build and stoic and faithful nature made him a perfect initiate for the Order of the Twilight, and there is where he is now. he feels a bit frustrated in his current position as a squire but he dreams of a heroic future where he will even outshine the hero of hold with whom he shares his name.
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasant, knight, etc.): Initiate (Squire)
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): Mail armour, sword and shield.

I won't really RP much with most of these yet but they had to be created...
Last edited by Maedhros on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

I figure I should make Valthor official.

Character's Name: Valthor
Character's Age: 71
Character's Information: Unknown.
Character's Faction: Wandering and liege-less, but with possible ties to either the Vikings, or the new Crown Knights.
Character's Place in Hierarchy: Masterless Paladin- a ronin of sorts, he is not allowed to command other knights or even soldiers. In other words, pretty low, but he'd be greatly respected in a small town or village.
Character's Equipment: Mithril sword, Mithril armour, Mithril helmet, Mithril shield.*
Character's Looks: Like this.

By the way, this is what Mavvith looks like, only with Wolfpack symbols, and no moustache. (yet)

*It doesn't have to be Mithril, if that's not allowed in the roleplay, but it's shiny, and at least strong enough to act as good class armour.
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Ok, I need to make another character.

Name: Thumbletum

Background (family history, etc.): None Known

Faction (choose from the factions below): None

Place in Hierarchy (King, peasent, knight, etc.): Wizard

Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): Staff, herbs, some magical growing type potions

Other Information: Thumbletum is a scatter0brain. He is kinda ADD. Nevertheless, he is a great wizard with what he does.

Looks (picture URL, picture must not be bigger than 400x400 pixels. If you have no picture discribe character's torso design, head design, hair color, etc.): Green wizzy hat, Rascus printed torso, light gray beard, green pants, This head.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Figured I needed someone new.

Character's Name: Alekron
Character's Age: unknown
Character's Background: Alekron is believed to be something known as an Elf Shade; an Elf who long ago chose to be imbued with dark powers and in the process was changed to become only shadows of their former selves. To what purpose and end this has done, few now know; but Alekron is among the handful of Elves who have chosen to do this. He dwells in what is now considered to be the Fight Knight’s lands. He is almost considered to be a deity among the Fright Knights, who have come to refer to him as the Night Lord.
Character's Faction: Fright Knight
Character's Place in Hierarchy: Night Lord
Character's Equipment: His magic sword, Glambrung.
Other Information: an Elf of few words, keeping most his thoughts to himself. He is cold hearted and can be quite cruel towards his enemies. An incredibly skilled warrior along with possessing some mystical abilities; but his greatest strength lies in his cunning for he is a true mastermind and always seems to have something being worked out in the back of his mind.
Character's Looks: he is tall, moderately slim and ghostly paled with long silvery hair which match his gray eyes. normally dresses in gloomy colors when not wearing his mail and breastplate.

Shadowviking wrote: It doesn't have to be Mithril, if that's not allowed in the roleplay, but it's shiny, and at least strong enough to act as good class armour.
Actually, I'm kind of wondering what everyone thinks about this. Should we allow already established kinds of armor and such from other fantasies or should we try to make up our own?
Any thoughts?
Last edited by Dragoman on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

Here, I'll make one up: Admantanium! Wow, so original! :roll: :P
But yeah, I was wondering that, too. I was also kind of wondering if things like Dark Elves and Trolls were allowed, but it's too far to go back now... Trolls have been featured kind of heavily in the late story, and I believe someone had a Dark Elf as a character... though I believe it was more modeled after a certain Do'Urden? :P
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Shadowviking wrote:Here, I'll make one up: Admantanium! Wow, so original! :roll: :P
But yeah, I was wondering that, too. I was also kind of wondering if things like Dark Elves and Trolls were allowed, but it's too far to go back now... Trolls have been featured kind of heavily in the late story, and I believe someone had a Dark Elf as a character... though I believe it was more modeled after a certain Do'Urden? :P
Shadowviking, I really wasn't trying to pick on you and I apologize if that's what you thought. It was only that you brought up the subject and I wondered what others thought because things like Mithril weren't allowed in the old RP as it dealt too closely with other fantasies such as Lord of the Rings. I personally really don't mind it however as most everything in this RP can be found in some other source in one form or another.

As for my Dark Elf: any similarities he may share with another character was completely unintentional and I just thought he would make one wicked cool bad guy. :twisted:

Edit: I think I may change his bio a bit though before I RP him. :wink:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I believe I mentioned magical creatures/people at the start of the roleplay - elves, etc. are allowed, as long as they have some association with 'canon' factions and characters.

- Matt
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Sir Kohran wrote:I believe I mentioned magical creatures/people at the start of the roleplay - elves, etc. are allowed, as long as they have some association with 'canon' factions and characters.

- Matt
Alrighty then. Character is now edited for those interested.
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

Shadowviking wrote:Here, I'll make one up: Admantanium! Wow, so original! :roll: :P
Dragoman wrote:Shadowviking, I really wasn't trying to pick on you and I apologize if that's what you thought.
I didn't, I was just trying to joke along. I just suck at that sort of thing. :p Also, it was actually someone else... their character even had the whole twin scimitars bit.
Dragoman wrote:It was only that you brought up the subject and I wondered what others thought because things like Mithril weren't allowed in the old RP as it dealt too closely with other fantasies such as Lord of the Rings. I personally really don't mind it however as most everything in this RP can be found in some other source in one form or another.

Yeah, again, I was just jokin' around, sorry I was difficult to understand, I can be that way sometimes.
Dragoman wrote:As for my Dark Elf: any similarities he may share with another character was completely unintentional and I just thought he would make one wicked cool bad guy. :twisted:
He seemed nothing like him, since Drizzt was a good guy...
Dragoman wrote:Edit: I think I may change his bio a bit though before I RP him. :wink:
You didn't really need to, but I think this it's a bit cooler anyway, no offense.

I hope I cleared this up.
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Shadowviking wrote: I didn't, I was just trying to joke along. I just suck at that sort of thing. :p Also, it was actually someone else... their character even had the whole twin scimitars bit.
Ohhhhh... funny. :lol: sorry, I can be really bad at picking up on humor on screen sometimes. :oops:
Shadowviking wrote:Yeah, again, I was just jokin' around, sorry I was difficult to understand, I can be that way sometimes.
no worries :wink:
Shadowviking wrote:He seemed nothing like him, since Drizzt was a good guy...
I was wondering if thats who you were referring to.
Shadowviking wrote:You didn't really need to, but I think this it's a bit cooler anyway, no offense.
none taken, I completely agree.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Character's Name: Takagiyoshin Toratsugu
Character's Age: 60
Character's Information (family history, etc.): He was the only student of the late Sôke Takagiyoshin Shinmen and succeeded him as head of the Takagiyoshin Clan and member of the council of Nine three years ago.
Character's Faction (choose from the official factions): Ninja
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasant, knight, etc.): Sôke
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): Varies. Always has his Tachi close by.

IIRC no one has RPed any Ninjas yet, and if anyone has, please let me know.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Okay, so I was wondering about the naming of Maedhros' Black Knights, and so I went searching wikipedia and came up with this. I didn't know about that when I named the queen, so I've come up with something to explain it.

Male Black Knights are named according to the above linked conventions.

Female BKs (no, not Burger Kings :roll:) are not necessarily the same as Roman. They have a given name; then their mother's nomen (clan/main family), and then their husband's (or father's, if unmarried) personal family name. This is to give women a more equal status in BK society than in Roman.

The ruler and their immediate family are named like so: (given name) (nomen--unlike non-rulers, this is always the father's clan) Archos-Gloria. Hence, the current queen is Accalia Phaedra Archos-Gloria; her father was Augustus Phaedrus Archos-Gloria; and her mother is Diana Althea Archos-Gloria (née Antonius).

This may all seem insanely complicated at first, but after looking over it for a while, it may start making sense to you.

Of course, this need only apply to nobles, if that's easier. Commoners could have any kind of name. I really do think it would be great if these rules were followed in naming Black Knights.

~smcginnis

P.S. I really am working on a new post for this RP; the reason I researched and came up with all this is because I'm introducing a few new characters, among them the queen mother, Diana (no, she's not named after Diana, I just like the name).
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

smcginnis wrote:Okay, so I was wondering about the naming of Maedhros' Black Knights, and so I went searching wikipedia and came up with this. I didn't know about that when I named the queen, so I've come up with something to explain it.

Male Black Knights are named according to the above linked conventions.

Female BKs (no, not Burger Kings :roll:) are not necessarily the same as Roman. They have a given name; then their mother's nomen (clan/main family), and then their husband's (or father's, if unmarried) personal family name.
I don't think you should give them the names of their husbands because that would be in keeping with the extremely patriarchal Roman tradition. Using the same syustem as with the males would be better IMO.

For example:

I recently created a character called Lucius Angelus Alcander. Lucius is his given name, Angelus his family name, and Alcander the line within the family. Now let's say that had a daughter, her name could be Diana Angela Alcandra, that is using the same system as with the males but in feminine form instead. That would emphasize the gender equalness that we both seem to be aiming for with that faction.
- Augustinus Hipponensis