Dragon Flying over Forest Diorama

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Cajun
Serf

Dragon Flying over Forest Diorama

Post by Cajun »

I took a few pictures of my Dragon before packing it up for BrickWorld. As with many of my models it doesn't really photograph very well. Overall I'm happy with the results. I had fun working at this scale and it gave me a greater appreciation for those who do such detailed minifig work.

Thanks for the feedback on it earlier you guys. I think it turned out much better because of the suggestions.

BrickShelf folder when modderated

Here's the deep links:

Same picture as above but larger.

Full view.

Another view.

From beneath the dragon.

A close up.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is very well done. The trees are simple but well executed, and the dragon has a lot of ferocity dripping from every inch. My only complaint is that the close up of the dragon is a bit blurry.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Anybody get the license number of that red flying gator??? :shock:

Pretty impressive monster you got there. Beats the snot outta my puny LEGO green and black common variety dragons. 8)
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Very nice. Have you posted it before? I should like a more detailed study of it. Chicago is inconveniently located for me on the west coast, or I would see it up close. I envy people who can build such good BBBs. Brick Built Beasts.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Beautiful trees and absolutely fantastic dragon. The construction on both is just perfectly done.

I'd say you're definitely a master when it comes to building creatures with bricks.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Head ... exploding ... trying ... to take in ... the full ... awesomeness ... of the wings!

Brilliant :D
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I like the row of tan technic angle connectors you've used all along the belly. Gives it a very bony yet strong/armored appearance. If he doesn't rip you apart with his teeth or claws, he'll simply crush you with his weight. The wings are also very well done!
-Bryan
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I like what you did with the belly as well. Seeing all those bone outline makes it look so cool!
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

:shock:

I am seriously blown away. Incredible! The thing I find most impressive is the fantastic pose you've got him in, but I have to say the thing I actually like the most is the teeth!
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

I like this a lot. The underbelly is done very well. I have seen that use of the ninja sings before but it is very effective. Keep up the good work.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

The retouched photo alone was worth blogging. I think photographing anything that big is going to be a challenge. Nice work.
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

All I can say is wow! :o
BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

The technic belly is well done, and I like how it provides connections for the flexible rods onto which the back's scales are clipped. I've always wondered how to created a good scaly look in a model.
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

The wings are superb! I like the head and the body. A very vicious yet sleek design makes this a great creation to look at. Kudos for a well made creature!
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

:shock: AMAZING!
-May your winds be fair !