Snake Decals

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
reepblue
Villein

Snake Decals

Post by reepblue »

Click on images for a larger view.

I had these finished about a week ago. But now, it is time to get my computer back dropped so I wanted to save these from deletion. I know the snake is a little out shaped. I did the background in Microsoft Paint. I did the Snake in Macromedia Flash pro 8. Oh, and I got the template from you guys. Thank you for making those. I was going to make flags, and banners but ran out of time. I was also going to make torso decals but I thought that srinking the tri-shield and taping it to a green or Brown torso would be better.

C&C Welcome
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I like them! My only complaint is against MS Paint just because you can't do much with it. If you were to do it in say, Appleworks, you could get them even better. Considering the limitations of MS Paint, they are excellent!
reepblue
Villein

Post by reepblue »

Anubisconq wrote:I My only complaint is against MS Paint just because you can't do much with it. If you were to do it in say, Appleworks, you could get them even better.
Appleworks? I don't have a Mac. Too expensive.

MS Paint was used to sew the color and the Snake Crest together. Maybe after I get my computer back dropped, I will try it in Macromedia Fireworks since I never found a good use for that yet. Right now, when open it makes my computer go slower and makes it freezes more. Thanks for the support.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

The snake is cute, but the shield itself is a little dark.... Oh well. Good job!

And Anubisconq, I never use Appleworks if I can help it. It's ancient (well, ours is at least... version 6.2.7). I suppose it's better than nothing, though.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Reminds me of the old coat of arms of Milan. Except it has a white snake around a pole on a red and green background.
Nice concept :)
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is very well done, especially since you were using Paint. The snake looks very professional, and I really like your colour choice for the background.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I agree - the thing about this that is really cool is the color choice and the design. The silver snake is also cool, although I might erase the tongue.

Great job~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

Can we get a picture of some soldiers holding the shields? If not I don't mind, I'd just like to see the look of it. From the picture I think it looks great. As for the touge, I say it should stay.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Nicely done reepblue, I like your choice in colors for the shield.
reepblue
Villein

Post by reepblue »

Thanks. The colors fit together if I say so myself.
This is very well done, especially since you were using Paint. The snake looks very professional, and I really like your colour choice for the background.
My snake looks professional because I made it in Flash, not paint.
I agree - the thing about this that is really cool is the color choice and the design. The silver snake is also cool, although I might erase the tongue.
Is the tongue the thing that snakes are known best for? Thats why I put the snake's tongue.
Can we get a picture of some soldiers holding the shields? If not I don't mind, I'd just like to see the look of it.
No printer, sorry. Maybe I will print them out when I go to my grandparent's house tomorrow.
Nicely done reepblue, I like your choice in colors for the shield.
Thanks again.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Heh heh heh...not that the tongue is bad... just a personal preference. :wink:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

Hey, those are some pretty sweet shields. I like the color and design of the background. But the snake isn't the greatest, but it isn't bad. But thats some pretty good work. And I hope to see some more decals! :D
-May your winds be fair !