Medieval Manor House

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Traveler
Reeve

Medieval Manor House

Post by Traveler »

Here is the first full-sized Tudor-style building I've attempted. It's the home of a noble and his wife. This was definitely a learning experience and I made several mistakes that I hopefully won't repeat in future MOCs. I cordially invite your comments and criticism.

ImageImageImage

Thanks to Chrislad77 for the new princess fig!
Blue Head
Steward

Re: Medieval Manor House

Post by Blue Head »

Traveler wrote: I cordially invite your comments and criticism.
What criticism? :D I think it looks great, it has a very medieval look about it. All in all, good job on the set. (would write more but am short on time).
piper D
Gong Farmer

Post by piper D »

Excellent, I will definitely be using some similar techniques in future building projects. Great attention to detail.

I also notice the princess is quite a bit taller than the nobleman.... just the way I like 'em... :lol:
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Very nice job!
Blue Head wrote: What criticism? Very Happy I think it looks great, it has a very medieval look about it. All in all, good job on the set.
I fully agree!
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Brilliant! I love the whole look of the house. The rooms are furnished well, and the whole layout works well!

Congratulations on a superb MOC!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is a very well designed MOC. The exterior is simple but attractive, and the interior is very eloquently created. All in all an excellent MOC.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Nice work, I really like the details of the interior.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

The interior is very nicely done, especially the furniture. Nice exterior as well. The tudor styling looks great, different than most I've seen; but still nice.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I really like the white and brown color combination on the manor's exterior. Also nice use of the the flag as a rug inside of the manor. Great job! And yes, tall gals are great :)
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I like the white & brown combination too, some really great interior details too. Nice job :)
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
DARKspawn wrote:I like the white & brown combination too, some really great interior details too. Nice job
I kinda like the brown, because it is supposed to represent wood after all. Although I suppose in most of the official sets, trees are black! Black and white Tudor looks good too, in my opinion, it's classic. My next MOC incorporating any Tudor sections will probably use black.
piper D wrote:I also notice the princess is quite a bit taller than the nobleman.... just the way I like 'em... :lol:
Coatsy wrote:And yes, tall gals are great
That's funny, because I generally prefer short girls. Probably because I'm 5'6", I guess. :wink:
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

The outside of the house is great. But the inside is even greater!!! It is very realistic and very detailed. Thats some good work! Keep it up.
:D
-May your winds be fair !
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Very well done! This would fit in very nicely in a large castle layout. It would have been nice to have at brickworld.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

From the outside, it looks like many of the Tudor-ish homes that swept CC.C some time back. It's your interiors that really bring this to life! The use of the carpets, while perhaps not historically accurate, looks amazing. The wood floor in the bedroom is outstanding. You have out a great deal of detail into a small space. It looks very homey. My criticism; that I haven't made one this nice. Well done.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

Prince Imdol wrote:Very well done! This would fit in very nicely in a large castle layout. It would have been nice to have at brickworld.

P.I
Thanks, I wish I could have gone!