Question for Anthony?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Question for Anthony?

Post by adm_matthew »

Why did you *yell* at me at FBTB? I posted that before yall deleted the spoilers... And then you go over there and get mad!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Matt,

I bet that Anthony thought that you posted this after our locking of the first thread. We also want to make sure that CC is not seen as a site with "leaks". In the future, please email an Admin if you have a problem. The forums are not for personal conversations. Please email Anthony, I am sure he will listen. Thanks :D

Ben
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

If you are referring to this post: http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommu ... 2685.topic

I was not yelling at you. I was merely pointing out C-C.com's official stance on this subject.

First of all, when we first announced our website, there were those on the FBTB.net forum who suggested that our announcement be deleted because of the FBTB.net forum policy about not advertising websites. One of the moderators spoke up and said that she did not find anything wrong with the announcing of our website, providing we would not start advertising there. Your statement that people can find all the information they want on new castle sets on C-C.com could have been seen as such an official advertisement, and I did not want anyone to view it as such.

Secondly, the admins of C-C.com want to have a good relationship with the LEGO company. We don't need them thinking that we endorse something that TLC sends out their pack of ravenous lawyer types to take care of. We are also actively courting LEGO to give us official announcements and sneak previews, and if we are labled as a website that announces leaks and endorses wild rumors, they may not ever give us that privelage.

I am aware you posted that post before moderators deleted spoilers, but you also posted that post before there were spoilers to be deleted (to my knowledge) and the admins of C-C.com had long ago come up with the policy not to allow leaks to survive on the forum (at least a few of the admins and I discussed this, I don't remember just how many were involved that long ago) and again we discussed this as a group last week.

I wasn't mad at you then and I'm not mad at you now, Matt. But you must understand that we want C-C.com to be a legitimate resource for the LEGO castle community, which means displaying the most professional manor possible. And in order to do so we must abide by all of the rules and regulations of the websites and companies with which we do and wish to do business.

I'm sorry if you view all of this as harsh, but as webmaster, it's part of my job to protect C-C.com and its image to the public. And while the other admins and the Classic-Castle community at large keeps me as webmaster, I will continue to do that job.

--Anthony