The History of Noralia

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Zacku
Laborer

The History of Noralia

Post by Zacku »

Okay... to tie in with the bios I'm going to be writing later on, I now have a basic history for The Knights of Noralia. The basic ideas were written by my friend, with the editing done by me. I hope you all enjoy it.

The History of Noralia

0-109: Start of Civilization
Pre-modern Noralian nations emerge, consisting of a mere 4 city-states located across the land.

109-283: Forgone Eras
-Modern Noralian Kingdoms begin the slow, bloody path to formation.
-An adventurer named Gaeron Loor goes deep into an uncharted area of the land known as the “Shadow Steppe”, an area filled with Orcs, Dragons, and other beastly creatures. He stumbles upon old ruins dubbed the Moonshadow Temple. Accidentally awakening its ancient magic, he decides to secretly forge his own new order…
-Two great alliances are formed towards the end of this era; one under Archduke Alan of the Browning house, and one under the sinister King Vladek.

283-371: The Age of Kings
The Age of Kings is remembered for its brutal feudal warfare and political conspiracy. It was the dawn of all ages to come. A renegade faction known as the Scorpion Knights, or SK, is formed in the Garstein Province by King Vladek. They declare war on Archduke Alan’s forces, causing him to form a shaky alliance with the Lion knights of the Leon house.

286.3: The Great War begins.
286.12: The Scorpion Knights defeat the Alliance in the city of Ruum-the first major large-scale offensive in the war. This was also the SK’s first major victory.
287.3: Worried that the SK may actually win the war, Lord Jeice of the Ravenclaw house joins the Alliance.
287.8: The balance of power shifts yet again as the Akage Ninjas from the Oragano Province back the SK.
287.9: Upon hearing of Ravenclaw’s entry into the Alliance, the Tuskens of the Desert assist the SK because of a long rivalry with Ravenclaw.
288.4: The opportunistic Canan Knights join the SK for the sole purpose of stealing land from Browning.
289.2: Archduke Alan is assassinated during a political speech by an unknown assassin-possibly a mercenary.
289.3: Archduke Alan’s advisor, Wayland Durchfall, steps forward to take control on the alliance. Within weeks, the Alliance’s morale is higher than ever thanks to their new charismatic leader.
291.3: After two years of many successful campaigns, the weakening SK loses a major battle at Naralla Lake. Disappointed with the lack of success, the Canan Knights leave the SK’s side and assist the Alliance.
293.12: It took two more major battles for the SK to completely lose hope. Members of the different houses band together to form a trial to determine the SK’s fate in the Krella Converence.
294.1: The war trial goes back on its promise of fair justice by blaming the SK for the damage done to the land. The delegates order horrible punishment for the SK.
294.2: Without orders, Ravenclaw soldiers invade the lands of innocent SK civilians. Massacre, rape, plunder, and other atrocities plagued the SK lands.
294.2: King Vladek, the leader of the SK, is sentenced to death. However, thanks to a well-planned escape by his followers, he manages to escape his sentence, but not without wounds.
294.3-295: All remaining SK soldiers are exiled to the Shadow Steppe. King Vladek dies attempting to lead his people to civilization within the Steppe. Gaeron Loor’s Necromancers discover the wandering knights and their fallen lord. Loor orders Vladek’s resurrection for his own purposes. Vladek was revived, but now as a demon lord! Loor places him in charge of his army.
301: The Alliance ends up collapsing due to conflict over which house gets possession of the SK lands.
304-371: Petty feudal war consumes the land.

371-498: The Age of Terror
People living during the Age of Terror witnessed unimaginable horrors. Secretly, Gaeron Loor and Lord Vladek had united all nations located within the Shadow Steppe while the other nations had been at war with themselves. The Shadow Knights, as they were now called, possessed powers beyond the comprehension of the Noralian nations. The Necromancers soon realized that they were Gods amongst men. The SK’s vengeance and the reign of the Necromancers were at hand…

371-382: The hordes of Darkness emerge from the Shadow Steppe-plundering and killing all in their path. Mercy was not an option. Necromancers that had hidden themselves amongst the Noralian population manipulated their leaders into fighting each other instead of the common enemy. The Viking-like Valourn Raiders from the Noral Mountains located in the northernmost point of the land attacked the weakened Noralian territories; attacking and looting villages and towns. The Akage Ninjas allied themselves with their old allies as assassins. Even the largest and most fortified cities saw themselves pillaged. The powerful magic of Loor and the deadly blade of Vladek were unstoppable.
383.8: One of the most powerful castles in the nation, Evet, was under siege. It was the last remaining stronghold of the Noralian Forces at the time. The Lion Knights held their ground against the Shadow Knights for three days. But on the last night of the battle, Vladek commanded three Necromancers to perform an ancient ritual which consumed their lives, but revived all of their fallen soldiers. Evet then fell within only three hours.
383-388: The Necromancers, ignoring all orders from Loor, began to torture innocents for fun and plied Noralia’s trade routes as they began their reign. Vladek ordered every last member of the Canan House to be slaughtered.
389: The Necromancers and Lord Vladek formed their new capital in the southern province Cantha (now know as Felcantha). The Necromancers now hold control of the entire land.
403: A minor rebellion in Naralla is put down with unimaginable ferocity. For many miles the bodies of the fallen lie nailed to trees,
428: The Cult of the Bat is established, worshipping the Necromancers as Gods on earth. The cult is based primarily in Cantha.
474-491: Gaeron Loor is appalled at his men. While he did order an invasion, he feels that his men went too far. He attempts to order the other Necromancers to cease operations, but his orders are completely ignored. His right-hand man Alledro has him locked away, as he feels Loor is a threat to their order. Using some of the white magic he’d secretly learned, Loor escapes captivity and heads for the Woodlands, an area mostly untouched by the Necromancers. He recruits some children to teach the art of Magi in an attempt to undo what his men have done.
497-498: Gaeron Loor adopts the name “The Guardian” and bands together survivors from the fallen houses in an attempt to create a new, successful rebellion. Loor only tells the higher-ups of his new rebellion his true identity.

To be continued.
Your ad here.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Sounds very cool. I'd really like to see more soon.

Somehow I felt that Gaeron Loor would turn out good. That just doesn't sound like a villain's name.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Very nice. I am in the process of recording my Kingdoms history on paper as well, but seems to take forever. I commend your efforts.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

kelderic wrote:Very nice. I am in the process of recording my Kingdoms history on paper as well, but seems to take forever. I commend your efforts.

Kelderic
Don't give me the credit-my friend Luke did the grunt work. :wink: I'm just the editor/guy who has all of said LEGO.
Your ad here.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Great job Zacku!

It's always awesome to see another Lego Castle story pop up. What makes this one good is the fact that it has a detailed back story to it.

Keep up the good work!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

It took me a long time to get around to reading this (I'm a sucker for pictures) :) , but when I did, I was pretty impressed.

This is a cool story - it seems like a very realistic time line, with "good", "evil", and a lot of characters/nations somewhere in between. Seems pretty realistic to me.

It's also cool how Vladek is resurrected, but not because the resurrector worships him or what-not, but wants to use him for a tool. For Vladek to go from a man-king to an undead of sorts servant is a very cool twist!

Also, it's pretty neat to see that the SK and their allies win a huge battle in the Age of Terror... and it leaves one wondering about what will happen next.
:)

Nice job~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Very detailed story. Keep up the good work!
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

The story was great. And it was very interesting! And I hope to see more of your work a.s.a.p.
-May your winds be fair !
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Its a great start. Now that you have it "on paper" it will be easier to keep track of all of the different components and to start planning picture taking. This is what I need to do; set histories of all of my different "nations" (Lions, Falcons, Bull Lords, etc,) down on paper. As time goes on and the number of different factions increases, it gets harder and harder to remember each individual history.
Good Luck,
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!