Evil Castle...for lack of a better name

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
bonaparte
Peasant

Post by bonaparte »

This is an impressive castle with a nice color-scheme.
I wouldn't want to stand in front of that throne...
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Re: Evil Castle...for lack of a better name

Post by The Blue Knight »

Quickblade22 wrote: Compared to others on here, it is junk.
Rubbish. Don't bash your own creations! Let us do that for you! Seriously, we have all built castles when we were younger and perhaps less skilled. This one is quite good actually. The color scheme actually works for me, and I was also fooled by what I thought were red wall pieces.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

I like the gargoyles.
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

And I as well.
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

You guys really are too kind. JP, I don't have any sand green pieces for that though it would be cool. bonaparte, the throne room is incomplete. The trap door in front of the throne is supposed to lead to a lair where the big snake lives. My daughter named it "Sassy" :P Blue Knight, black is so uncooperative with cameras, that I thought the red would help bring out some detail, which I'm glad you appriciate. I was also inspired by my friend's brother who seemed to build red castles almost exclusively years ago. The rest of you guys that like my gargoyles, well I decided to start another topic based on that just for you....and pay a tribute to one of our own members in the process.

I've added 2 more pics...enjoy
Algol: my evil wizard http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/quick ... /algol.jpg
Dragon roost http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/quick ... ose-up.jpg
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Re: Evil Castle...for lack of a better name

Post by kelderic »

Quickblade22 wrote:Compared to others on here, it is junk.
Hehe, he jests! This is not junk in the least. I really like the skulls, and the throne looks great. This only thing that I'm not to fond of is the trans-green pieces, although if it's supposed to be an evil wizard's lair, that color might be appropriate. I don't know. Anyway, good job on this.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

[no ban] son, theres something about this i really really like. the interior really gives the impression of being the inside of a castle.
pwnage
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

Im not crazy about the floor, it's a little multicolored, but getting enough pieces to cover that would be expensive, so I'll let it go. :wink:

But overall, It's big, Bad(evil), Black, Bright red, and....... Great.
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Quickblade22,

I really like the multi-storied castle interiors. And the details in the throne room as well. “Evil” or “Dark and Foreboding” Castles are very fun to make. Nice eye trick with the red castle pieces as well! My only criticism, constructive mind you, is that the towers on each end do not seem to match. The gray one and the Harry Potter one. Pieces are a premium so I understand, but two black/red towers that a little taller than the ones you made would be nifty IMO. But than that it is a cool piece! I would like to see what type of guards/army you have to go with the castle. And finally I LOVE the dragon roosts. That is a great touch.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Nice one, the interior reminds me a lot of some of the more evil places in Morrowind :) good memories.
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

Completely sweet! I like the belconey. And i see you have your sweet gargoils on top as well, which is a good touch. But the only thing i see that needs improvement, which was already mentioned, is the patern. But other than that great castle!
-May your winds be fair !
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Evil is good.

Wait that doesn't make any sense...uh... :oops:

This palace is bitchin' man.

Excellent work.
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

Aliencat wrote:Nice one, the interior reminds me a lot of some of the more evil places in Morrowind :) good memories.

As yes, Morrowind was an amazing game, but this castle has more of an Oblivion feel to it. With all the Chaos and such.
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....