Castle 2007 MOCed Army *New archers 22Sept*

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

One word: JEALOUS.

Anyway... These guys look sweet! They are deffinently worth spending money on, and I would if I had any money...

Anyway, glad to see someone already has way more of those guys than I am ever going to get.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Big army that must of took a while to gather the funds? Where is the sergant at arms?
to the ramparts!
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

Very impressive, especially since they've only been available for what, a month or so?

I was thinking of keeping my infantry (9 men so far :) ) as they come in the sets, but seeing these with dark blue hips&legs, they're much nicer.

My small cavalry consists of 2 grille-helmet knights with black medium plumes and 4 of these knights from 7009 - without plumes so far, but these white triple plumes are another excellent idea. Mine all carry golden flags on dark bley lances, though.

So if you don't mind me stealing some of your ideas, I'll go and patronize BL some more... :wink:
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=The_Hun]My Bricklink[/url] * [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TheHun]My Brickshelf[/url]
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

troy t. moore wrote:I look forward to seeing your armies as well.

this is my army:
it's not very big compared to your army :(

(12 archers, 13 axemans, 6 knights)

gallery: (not yet public)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=262268
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Big army that must of took a while to gather the funds? Where is the sergant at arms?
I started planning my spending back in February. I do not have a budget, per se, rather I prioritize my LEGO purchases. Castle 2007 is a high priority, mainly because of the figs and barding. As far a buildings go, I MOC, so everything is MOC fodder. The seargant-at-arms is not visible in the 2 pics on the first page, you would have to go to the gallery. He is the mounted knight from the skeleton carriage.
So if you don't mind me stealing some of your ideas...
You do whatever you like. In no way do I claim exclusivity to the way I have arranged LEGO parts.

I think the real purppose of posting MOCs (be they figs, buildings, carts, or ? ) should be to encourage other people to build...to inspire others to express themselves creatively. In other words, to leg godt :D
Troy T. Moore
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Wow... it's going to take me a long time before I have something close to that... I just bought my first "Castle" sets today! :shock:

Wonderful collection - I agree that the knights need plumes, and the white do seem to be the best fit (although I can agree that blue are quite snazzy too). 8)

The blue legs are an improvement, although I probally won't switch all the legs due to lack of $, and will power. :P
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Heh heh heh, that's what I love about the next two years of my life. No bills to pay while I recieve 300 dollar paychecks from Mcdonalds (ugh, what a place to work). So I plan to rival your army soon enough, as long as I can get past mom. I'll post it once it's done to.

So, in person, how to the glitter helms look compared to the old grey ones? Are they better? Or just "meh, they'll do"?
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

These knights do look quite nice all standing at attention like that. I should get some.
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Very immpressive looking army! I was a bit guarded concerning the gold/dark blue/silver metallic color scheme of the new line at first, but this is just great! The effect is an imposing one to enemies. I may amass such a host, but for a while. I'm digging the gold more than I thought I would for sure, and I was already in love with the dark blue. Nicely done.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Rusty Brick
Laborer

Post by Rusty Brick »

Again, nice color choices. Your MOC/Army has inspired me to build, so it seems you are acheiving your goal!

What have you done with your skeletons? Are you working on an undead army?
~R. Brick

Got Lego?
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Mike Viper wrote
So, in person, how to the glitter helms look compared to the old grey ones? Are they better? Or just "meh, they'll do"?
I really like the metallic colouring. So much in fact that I wish all the helms in my collection were this colour. It does serve as a point of recognition fo this faction to distinguish them from all others though, which is good too. Historically different regions (counties, duchies, provinces, countries, etcetera) had different styles of arms and armour ( as well as clothing, achitecture, art, etcetera). Polished armour was more synonymous with wealth as it took many man hours to keep it shiney.

Rusty Brick wrote
What have you done with your skeletons? Are you working on an undead army?
Not a fan of the skellies I must admit, although I do like the new heads. I am planning in the near future to get rid of the majority of the skellies I have which are sorted away in ziploc bags.
Troy T. Moore
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Troy T. Moore wrote:Mike Viper wrote
I really like the metallic coloring. So much in fact that I wish all the helms in my collection were this color.
I agree - I was just building the sets for the first time last night, and the soldiers with their helms looked really nice - the visored knights look especially good. I do indeed plan on using this faction as a wealthier faction - everything from their barding, armor and clothing says class. :wink:

I also agree that the skeletons, while not bad, are not really my favorite - the heads are really cool, and the euro armor for the skeleton faction is very cool too - but I might look for another torso for those heads to fit on.

EDIT>> I think the biggest problem is not that they are skeletons - skeletons are cool... especially with those heads - but the arms and hands/wrists are just not posable enough for a nice effect.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Not a fan of the skellies I must admit, although I do like the new heads. I am planning in the near future to get rid of the majority of the skellies I have which are sorted away in ziploc bags.

[shifty] I got da cash maaaannnn...where's the drop?[/shifty]

Yeah, if you're looking to rid yourself of them, I'll buy'em. Just a simple offer.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

Great Army!
-May your winds be fair !
jangofett14
Apprentice

Post by jangofett14 »

:shock: :shock: Great, big army :!: I want this!!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=filozof33]My Gallery[/url] | In Progress - CCC VI