Re-Decorating Castles

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
SavaAngel
Lady Sava of Aggie
Lady Sava of Aggie

Re-Decorating Castles

Post by SavaAngel »

Hello All!

I am not at all sure if this is a topic anyone would be interested in, but I will post anyways.

I recently read in our local paper that TLC's Trading Spaces will be having a Trading Spaces Goes Medieval sometime in 2004. They will be redoing two castles in Scotland. I am not sure wheter the designs will be modern or mideval.

At the moment, I do not know when in 2004 it will be showing. You can go to http://www.discovery.com to visit the TLC website, but at the moment they do not have anything refering to the Medieval show on their site. If I hear more about it, the I will post again.

~ Christi

:D
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

yes please post when you hear more Christi, as my wife is a RABID fan of trading spaces. I myself hardly ever watch tv, but that particular one I probably would.

:D

thanks for posting this.

freak
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I heart Trading Spaces and castles... but it would be a shame if they decorated them in a modern style.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Sounds cool. don't want to miss that.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I heart Trading Spaces and castles... but it would be a shame if they decorated them in a modern style.
I agree completely. These designers better respect the architecture a bit. Orange and olive green color schemes are not tolerated. Say no to the interior decorated castle!

(please excuse the architecture student's rant against poor interior design :lol: )

Ben E.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Did anyone watch this? How did it go?
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Can someone explain to me what trading spaces is, exactly?

I watch virtually no TV (30 minutes over the last several months maybe?) so I'm not really up on all these things.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

it's a show on TV. they did one not even a block away from my house (the one with the pink fethers) so if you where watching that one, thats what my noughber hood looks like ^.^

LR
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

lone ranger wrote:it's a show on TV. they did one not even a block away from my house (the one with the pink fethers) so if you where watching that one, thats what my noughber hood looks like ^.^
Ummm, somehow I guessed it was a show on TV. Especially since I referred to not watching TV in my post. Maybe I didn't make myself clear:

What do they do on it with the houses!?

:roll:
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

There are two families and two houses, and they have the families switch houses and redecorate a room in each other's homes. They usually have a one thousand dollar budget. Each family has no idea how their own home is being redecorated.
If you're in the U.S., you can catch it on the Learning Channel. There is a British version too (which the American one is based on), but I couldn't tell you where to watch that.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I hate that show...but then again it's going to be castles...
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Vincent wrote:I hate that show...but then again it's going to be castles...
I'm pretty sure that it already aired. This thread is several months old.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess