Minifig Musketeers?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Minifig Musketeers?

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Hey all,

I got an idea after watching a Tom and Jerry cartoon this morning. The episode had Tom as a Cardinal's Guard and Jerry as a musketeer, wearing only their cloaks.

And after talking with Ben E. about the old minifig armor from 375, it got me thinking.

You see, I always thought that it was armor, but Ben E. said that he always thought it was a tunic or cloak or something of that nature (no idea what the real term is).

So on to my idea.

This part seems to be pretty common right now, due to the soccer sets:

What would your opinion be on a Musketeer sticker designed for that piece? Perhaps a blue square with white fleur de lis and a yellow border to match the yellow piece. And perhaps a red version for the cardinal's guard. Or any sort of color for that matter.

The stickers would be a set of two, one for the back and one for the front, the back sticker being devoid of design, only being a color.

Other designs could be made available perhaps, or at the very least a template.

What do you think?

--Anthony
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Very cool idea Anthony, I'd love to see these done. A template would be nice as well. Thanks for all your efforts in the torso, shield and now tunic sticker development.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

That's a good Idea. But maybe you could do it in White or Blue? That would look even better than yellow.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:That's a good Idea. But maybe you could do it in White or Blue? That would look even better than yellow.
Unfortunately, the only colors the vest piece is currently available anywhere to my knowledge is yellow, light grey and black. And yellow by far is the most common, this is why I suggested a yellow border to match the yellow part.

--Anthony

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. The parts come in yellow, light grey, dark blue (not black) and white, like you suggested. However, at Bricklink there are no white pieces currently for sale.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Whites are in the new sports sets. :)
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Anthony,

That would be great. Like many people I bought multiples of the "Women's Soccer Team":
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3416
Or as I call it: "Female head and hair (blonde!) parts pack, plus some useless junk". So it would be great to create a use for those practice jersey pieces.

Bruce