Most powerful magic caster.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Luís
Steward

Most powerful magic caster.

Post by Luís »

Since in the Majisto/Necromancer poll we see that all our own diferent C-C factions do not agree if Majisto is a villain, and there are other magic casters, this is a "poll" to see who is the most powerful one. I belive I know who all magic casters are, but I may have overlooked some or not know of others, so this is a "poll" where you say which one you think is more powerful and why.

Personaly, my vote goes to the Batlord. Although the Fright Knights were not seen as a powerful faction, I do belive him to be the most powerful one, because I always belived that we was implied as the most powerful. He controls dragons, has an army of humans (living humans) and I always belived he had a certain control over the undead. There is also the Willa the Witch wild card, because I never knew if they were allies or not (I always thought they weren't, but some members raised very good points about her preferences). Although very "gapy", his fortress was bigger than any of the others magic casters ones (except Vladek's, if you consider him to be a magic caster). And I do remember him having some flying devices.

To me, Majisto (which I always considered good) is in the second place, followed by the Necromancer or Willa (hopefuly there won't be threads asking which is more powerful, Willa or the Necromancer).
Thanks in advance for posting.

Luís.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I'd say Vladek - at one point he cast a spell that made his whole army unkillable. What could be more powerful than invulnerability?

- Matt
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Heh heh heh... but that was with the book...(or was it the mask?) which he doesn't have anymore :wink: Without those two enchanted objects, he was easily defeated. I know I keep coming out against Vladek, so I want specify that I like him very much... he just seems more of an opportunist than a powerful evil force.

Imagine what the necromancer or majisto could do with the mask or book~

Anyway, this thread seems a bit similar to the other, so I think my choice will remain about the same... Majisto first, Necromancer a very close second~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
smegged
Freeman

Post by smegged »

Phurt the necromancer has legions of the undead at his disposal, several dragons, a new style cloak and printing on his legs, torso and hat. That makes him far more powerful than Majisto or anyone else. :lol:
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

Majisto (or Merlin to us lot) doesn't seem so convincing with that fairy godmother wand of his... it seems out of place! Maybe he's the most powerful if things are measured in diameter of pumpkin carriage!
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I agree with Sir Kohran, I feel like Vladek is the strongest of the choices. He is both a melee fighter and spellcaster, so he is very versatile in combat. Old age does not seem to affect Vladek, thus he is almost immortal. His armor probably can deflect the most powerful magic attacks and if he acquires the shield of ages he will become unstoppable.
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Once again, Vladek for the win! As Sir Kohran has stated the character was set up as a fighter type as well as a magic user. It has been stated by many on this forum that Vladek is a pretty nifty villan so with his dual use of combat and magic. This seems to put Vladek at the top of the list for "Top Caster".
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Majisto is way more powerful that Vladik, and in my mind, he ii stronger than the Bat Lord, athough I could understand arguments there.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Heh heh heh... but that was with the book...(or was it the mask?) which he doesn't have anymore
No, but seeing as both Majisto and Vladek are 'over' I think we should rate them on everything they ever had. Also, 2005 (the year he had the mask) was arguably Vladek's most prominent role. 2004 was dominated by the Hero Knights and 2006 was mostly about King Jayko.
Without those two enchanted objects, he was easily defeated.
Not really. All his defeats were really just bad luck - at the end of 2004 he had Jayko beaten; Jayko just managed to deflect Vladek's final blast onto him. In 2005 Jayko was able to smash the mask suddenly and the twoer crashed down (how much power Vladek had afterwards and how he survived was left rather ambiguous). In 2006 he was outpowered, but only by the Shield which was way stronger than anything else.
he just seems more of an opportunist than a powerful evil force.
Oh come on; tell me this isn't a powerful evil force :P

(that image is within the size limits)

Anyway, thanks for talking. I love these nerdy discussions :wink:

- Matt
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Sir Kohran wrote:
Oh come on; tell me this isn't a powerful evil force :P

(that image is within the size limits)

- Matt
Dude...YES! Vladek is a terror.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I'm glad to see the poll is going very well. Although Vladek is a wizard and a meele fighter you are puting that in a too high of a pedestal (if you think that is so good, Batlord . has a chrome sword and can hit people with his staff). If you have an army of warriors, it doesn't matter alot if you can brandish a sword. All of the post considering Vladek the most powerful magic caster only consider one to one battle, and that isn't really true, because a good wizard should be able to fight agaist large armiesI stick by my choice of the Batlord.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Sir Kohran wrote:Anyway, thanks for talking. I love these nerdy discussions :wink:
Heh heh heh... I totally agree. It seems that I once again have to note your points, but agree to disagree on this one... although Vladek certainly does look fearsome... I still can't shake the idea that he is an opportunist-type villian...

Not like a wormtail, mind you, but an opportunist nonetheless.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]