Combat Scars

Discussion of Castle Themed stories

Do you read the Ikros Chronicles?

I have not read any of your stories.
8%
I have read a few chapters here and there.
28%
I have read large portions of your stories.
8%
I have read all of one story, but not the other.
3%
I have read all online chapters of both your stories.
51%
What's Ikros?
3%

Total votes: 39

SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Combat Scars

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I have just uploaded the next installment of my illustrated online tale Ikros:Chaos Skies.

Along with photoedited rain, you?ll also notice a large quantity of Little Armory weapons in the pictures. Many thanks go to Jeff Byrd for creating such wonderful customs! I must say they?re really fun to work with.

So without further ado, I am proud to present:

Ikros: Chaos Skies

Chapter 7 - Combat Scars

PLMKWYT!

Ikros: Chaos Skies Website

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Frst off very cool chapter. Second I voted large portions because I don't read the chapter off the internet. I copy and paste them on Word and then read them. So far I'm to the part were Garalt and his friends are talking to the drwarven king at the castle.I think I'll finish today
Space rocks.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Hi Anthony

I have read all the online chapters of both your stories and have been eagerly waiting for the upcoming chapters. Your work is truly inspiring and the stories are very interesting to read. :D

Erwin
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Top shelf work, yet again! Love it sava! It just doesn't get better than Ikros!
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

I'm in the "a few chapters" category. I have to admit that I jump ahead to look at all the cool MOCs, though I have very good intentions to go back and read the text for all the chapters I skimmed over.

Bruce
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

Excellent, as always! Don't let reader decline get you down, even if it is in your head! The best artists produce for themselves, and their audience is just an added bonus. Make what YOU want to see, not what other people want.
I think you'll find you produce better art that way.

Just my two cents! :)
-Jason
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Read all of both, love it. Read the new chapter, love it. I was impressed, more strongly than before, with the orcs. They looked quite impressive. I have a question relating to them though. Did you name them orcs in the context of Tolkien's goblins (which claims to have elven antecedents), or is it taken direct from the Anglo-Saxon term for demons, which Tolkien was originally inspired by?
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Formendacil wrote:Read all of both, love it. Read the new chapter, love it. I was impressed, more strongly than before, with the orcs. They looked quite impressive. I have a question relating to them though. Did you name them orcs in the context of Tolkien's goblins (which claims to have elven antecedents), or is it taken direct from the Anglo-Saxon term for demons, which Tolkien was originally inspired by?
Thanks! Glad you liked it, and my Orcs. What specifically(if anything) made you become more impressed with my versions after reading the chapter?

To answer your question...

My vision of Orcs are, in part, a rough translation of Tolkien, though I came up with my idea of Orcs long before I actually read or even knew much about Tolkien's works. It would seem a lot of my views on fantasy comes from Tolkien, despite my not actually reading or knowing much about the Lord of the Rings until the movie came out, embarressed as I am to say.

Other parts of them are heavily borrowed from the Dungeons and Dragons' version of Orcs (also inspired by Tolkien) and from Star Trek's Klingon race. I've always loved the idea of a warrior race governed by personal honor, cause evil or not, they obey the(their) rules because they want to, not because they have to.

Thank you (and everyone) for the feedback.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I guess it was just seeing a greater number and a larger variety of the Orcs all at once. Its been some time since I read the other chapters, and the only pictures of the Orcs that I really remember are the ones in the characters section.
Other parts of them are heavily borrowed from the Dungeons and Dragons' version of Orcs (also inspired by Tolkien) and from Star Trek's Klingon race. I've always loved the idea of a warrior race governed by personal honor, cause evil or not, they obey the(their) rules because they want to, not because they have to.(emphasis mine)
I assume that you are referring the Klingons here, as Tolkien's Orks have no honour. I can't speak for the D&D ones.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Formendacil wrote:I guess it was just seeing a greater number and a larger variety of the Orcs all at once. Its been some time since I read the other chapters, and the only pictures of the Orcs that I really remember are the ones in the characters section.
Yeah, it's kinda hard to call them a 'horde' when there's only a picture or two of them online. Just wait till one of the final chapters comes out, THEN you'll see a lot of baddies :)

Here's an old pic for a teaser, I've since replaced all the yellow hands and have added more Orcs and Goblins
Formendacil wrote:
Other parts of them are heavily borrowed from the Dungeons and Dragons' version of Orcs (also inspired by Tolkien) and from Star Trek's Klingon race. I've always loved the idea of a warrior race governed by personal honor, cause evil or not, they obey the(their) rules because they want to, not because they have to.(emphasis mine)
I assume that you are referring the Klingons here, as Tolkien's Orks have no honour. I can't speak for the D&D ones.
Yes, sorry, I should have seperated the Klingon name from the sentance with D&D. I was talking about the Klingons when I was talking about honor.

--Anthony

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

SaveTheAggie wrote
Yes, sorry, I should have seperated the Klingon name from the sentance with D&D. I was talking about the Klingons when I was talking about honor.
No problem, I was hardly worried about the reputation of Orcs, even if they were Tolkien's.

The teaser looks quite interesting, and I look forward to seeing the chapter it advertises (and all that may come before or after). I'm especially curious to see how large a role their reptilian steeds play. But I won't ask. I wouldn't want to distract from the creation of new chapters. :wink:
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Oh no! What will happen next! Great story, you got me hooked!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Excellent work as usual Anthony. I have also read all the chapters and spent many an hour perusing your site. Looking forward to th continuation of this epic.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

You need another choice:

"I love the creations and pictures, but I don't really read the story".

:)
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Redaxe wrote:You need another choice:

"I love the creations and pictures, but I don't really read the story".

:)
Hmph!

Well, I guess that's better than nothing. ;) :P

--Anthony