Official Accessory Pack Thread.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Sir Kohran wrote:It's been voer a year since this thread started - any news, Ben?

- Matt
Many fan suggestions from threads like this have been and will be passed along to LEGO employees. Once the feedback is passed along it is up to them to decide what to do with it. Of course if fan feedback is used, once those products are sold in stores, LEGO Ambassadors will be able to discuss how feedback was used.

Ben Ellermann
LEGO Ambassador
nwinch
Peasant

Post by nwinch »

Ok, am I the only one who wants the great chrome sword in grey/dkgrey/black?

i second that thought i have 1 :evil: and the chrome is rubbing off
i would also like to see

a shields pack, animal pack, peasant pack, forestman, falcons etc
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

nwinch wrote:Ok, am I the only one who wants the great chrome sword in grey/dkgrey/black?
No, I want these also. A sword like that in abs (not pp) would look amazing. There is nothing like a reflective abs blade on a classic LEGO sword.

Ben
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

architect wrote:
nwinch wrote:Ok, am I the only one who wants the great chrome sword in grey/dkgrey/black?
No, I want these also. A sword like that in abs (not pp) would look amazing. There is nothing like a reflective abs blade on a classic LEGO sword.

Ben
oooooo I want a black great sword. abs all the way please.
Also, since were revisiting this - maybe our ambassadors could bring up that NOW would be a great time for an accessories pack.

three crown heater shields, two swords and a spear, a gold great sword and a black great sword two of the new sickle(spelling please?) swords, a scythe, and two round skull shields and one oval one.
I think thats pretty easy. :D
Lord
Serf

Post by Lord »

I am a new castle lego collector and would like some things that i missed out on in the 80's and 90's. 4 bows (brown), 4 quivers (brown), 3 peasant hoods(brown), 4 kettle helms (dark-gray), 4 chin-guard helms (black),2 helmets with visors and plumes (dark-gray), 4 classic swords (light-gray), 4 spears (brown), 1 tukey, and 2 bread loafs if they make them.
<a> <font>Puzzle Pirates</font> </a>
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Update (cool ideas infused!):

2X Black ABS Great Sword
1X Reddish Brown Beard
1X Green Jedi Hood
3X Dark Bley Helmet (for use with visor)
1X Black Rascus Visor
2X Dark Tan Pointed Visor
2X Dark Green Castle Helmet with Chinguard (old archer helmet)
2X Reddish Brown Cowl
1X Orange Plumewheel
1X Purple Plumewheel
1X Pearl Gold Dragon Plumewheel
2X Orange Wave Flag
2X Purple Wave Flag
2X Black Round Shield (Old Style)
2X White Halberd Elaborate
2X Pearl Gold Axe (standard 'halberd' axe)
2X Dark Tan Bow
2X Tan Quiver
2X Dark Tan Armor Breastplate with Leg Protection
2X Dark Orange Pitchfork

In addition to including the great sword ABS, I also updated my list to include beards. I removed my sand red armor and visors in exchange for dark tan ones since they seem more universally usable. I regret that I was not able to keep forestmen hats on the list, which I would have suggested in either Tan, Purple, Dark Red, or Red.
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

(2x) Forestmen Cap (Dark Bley)
(2x) Old Axe (New Silver)
(2x) Peasant Cowl (Black)
(2x) Peasant Cowl (Brown)
(2x) Old Round Shield (New Silver)
(2x) Saddle (Dark Bley)
(4x) Bullet Helm (New Silver)
(2x) New Princess Hair (Brown)
(4x) Crown Knights Triangle Shield
(2x) Couldron (Black)
(2x) Euro Armor (New Silver)
(2x) Grilled Helm (New Silver)
(2x) Bow (Brown)
(2x) Quiver (Brown)
(4x) Spear (Brown)

36 pieces, 15 unique parts.
evilnailman
Peasant

Post by evilnailman »

Easy list for me:

Any headgear, assorted.

Shields, assorted.

Matt
mouthofsauron
Villein

Post by mouthofsauron »

2x Black Dragon Master helm
2x Black euro armour
1x Black wheel of dragon plumes
1x Red wheel of dragon plumes
2x Black classic sword
2x Black halberds
2x Triangular Shield (Preferably Black Knight but anything suffices)
2x Ovoid Shield (Preferably Black Knight but anything suffices)
2x Black Flared helm
4x Black cape
2x Black Jedi hood
1x Tan Qui Gon Jin hair
1x Black Qui Gon Jin hair
1x Black and red barding (neutral, without any heraldry)
1x Red saddle
1x Red Dragon Master horse helm
1x Black Dragon Master horse helm
I agree 100% maedhros :D
Yes, I use to many smilies. Who Cares!
my brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=yelraf
Baites
Foot Soldier

Castle Accessory Pack

Post by Baites »

I played with my own ideas for what to include in my suggestion and alot of the pieces I was thinking of were already covered by others.

Many have suggested creating a variety of theme packs (soldiers, peasants, etc) and I believe that line of thinking can be taken a step further.

Rather than create a set, pre-package accessory pack, why not use the Pick-a-Brink option. Create a special category and put all the castle themed items there. Offer a discount for ordering 25 'bricks' or more.

Why do I suggest this? I'm afraid that people's suggestions will be considered, but a theme pack will be made to appeal to children. That means very few peasant items and a crown in every bag. So it will be great for building an army with you generic minifigs and have a treasure vault full of crowns for every occassion, but you won't have enough tools to till your fields and not enough clothing for the serfs.

By using the Pick-a-Brick option, everyone can create a customized accessory pack. You need more hoods and pitchforks, order more of those items. You don't want the giant KK2 swords, don't add them to your cart. The kids want more knights, just pick swords and helmets.

More people will get what they want, equalling more satisfied customers.
mouthofsauron
Villein

Yay brick forge.

Post by mouthofsauron »

:) Well, lucky for customizers like me, there's BRICK FORGE. Yay us.
Sadly brick forge doesn't make food and other essentials peasants need :( :idea:! Brick Forge should make a mold of the existing turkey and drumsticks! Though they probably wont :cry:
Yes, I use to many smilies. Who Cares!
my brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=yelraf
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

I want some forestman hats, bullet helms, and plumes. Just give me an accessory pack full of those.
Wolfpack7
Serf

Post by Wolfpack7 »

07,08 shields
07,08 helmets
07,08 weapons (halberd, spear, bow, quiver, crossbow, shortsword, pike, flail, lance, halberd elaborate)
+
round shield with stud
forestman cap (red)
scythe blade (lt. grey, red)
target
Helmet with Chin-Guard! (any color)
torch!!! (like in chess set)
greatsword (possibly brown)
magic wand (any color)
hood (possibly green)
any trans-red/trans-orange weapon (to use with a blacksmith)
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Looking at all the 2008 castle sets, what we really need are SHIELDS!!! I could also go for bullet helms in silver too!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: Castle Accessory Pack

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Baites wrote:I played with my own ideas for what to include in my suggestion and alot of the pieces I was thinking of were already covered by others.

Many have suggested creating a variety of theme packs (soldiers, peasants, etc) and I believe that line of thinking can be taken a step further.

Rather than create a set, pre-package accessory pack, why not use the Pick-a-Brink option. Create a special category and put all the castle themed items there. Offer a discount for ordering 25 'bricks' or more.

Why do I suggest this? I'm afraid that people's suggestions will be considered, but a theme pack will be made to appeal to children. That means very few peasant items and a crown in every bag. So it will be great for building an army with you generic minifigs and have a treasure vault full of crowns for every occassion, but you won't have enough tools to till your fields and not enough clothing for the serfs.

By using the Pick-a-Brick option, everyone can create a customized accessory pack. You need more hoods and pitchforks, order more of those items. You don't want the giant KK2 swords, don't add them to your cart. The kids want more knights, just pick swords and helmets.

More people will get what they want, equalling more satisfied customers.
I like this option a lot. The only option that I would choose instead of it is an accessory pack available at say TRU or something such that I wouldn't have shipping charges. Its hard for me because with the accessory packs it forces you to stock up on supplemental items you may not immediately need. But it has always been nice to design a King figure and have a Crown ready to top the figure's head.

I would offer both methods; why limit the consumer's choice?
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!