BrickForge Animals Now Available

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
armothe
Apprentice

BrickForge Animals Now Available

Post by armothe »

Just wanted to drop a note in here and mention that our new animals are up for sale on our website.

Cow - Black
Cow - White (w/ Holstien pattern screen print)
Horns - White (to convert your cow into a bull/steer)
Udder - Pink (to turn 'Brutus' into 'Bessie')
Pig - Black
Pig - Pink
Pig - White (coming soon)
Sheep - Black
Sheep - White

http://www.brickforge.com/products/plas ... index.html
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Those are very nice. I just wish they were official parts, so purists like me could use them. Though I'm still sorely tempted...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

This really just made my day!

Cow - White (w/ Holstien pattern screen print)
I'm a little curious here about the 'screen print', could you shed a little light on this if possible?

These new products are incredible, looks just like the way Lego should do it. I'm so happy they are finally out- I've been holding back an order until these were for sale.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Lamanda2 wrote:This really just made my day!
[snip]
These new products are incredible, looks just like the way Lego should do it. I'm so happy they are finally out- I've been holding back an order until these were for sale.
Me too!

I put my order in as soon as I saw this thread!
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Athos wrote:I just wish they were official parts, so purists like me could use them. Though I'm still sorely tempted...
One of our goals at BrickForge is to build up to a wide enough array of products that purists can't help but cave. No matter how purist, everyone has a breaking point.
Lamanda2 wrote:I'm a little curious here about the 'screen print', could you shed a little light on this if possible?
Sure thing. The eyes and bridle on a LEGO horse, for example, are screen printed. The designs on minifig torsos and shields are screen printed as well. Going into this project RedBean and I knew a plain white cow just wouldnt cut it. Thus, we decided to spend the money to have the white cows patterned after a Holstien - the very recognizable dairy cow seen here:
We felt this brought a bit more realism to the animal and the project as a whole. The future could see our black cows with an eye and bridle pattern and perhaps both brown and tan cows with their own screen printed pattern/s.

-A
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I placed my order today. These animals look fantastic in person and I can't wait to get a few for my castle mocs. Thank you for making such a nice product for us.

Ben
Pallando the Blue
Freeman

Post by Pallando the Blue »

Never have I been so tempted to buy non-official parts. The sheep and pigs are both really good. The pig looks so much the same style as the LEGO dog, one would think these were official.
<><
Saaz
Freeman

Post by Saaz »

armothe wrote: One of our goals at BrickForge is to build up to a wide enough array of products that purists can't help but cave. No matter how purist, everyone has a breaking point.
Yup, I think I've just reached mine. These animals look SO good. As Pallando said, you really nailed the style. When I saw the first pics a few weeks ago, I thought they were a preview of official parts.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I guess I'm not really a purist, as I've always thought about buying custom accessories; the only reason I don't is I hate spending money. But I could always ask for them as gifts. I'll still never modify an official piece though (even a broken one... except perhaps with glue, to fix it).

Anyway, to repeat my comments from Duney's thread (arranged a bit more coherently/sensically):

YESSSS!!!!! :mrgreen:

I have to get these, or at least ask my parents to get them.... Now I just need to force myself to do so.... Hmm, Christmas isn't too far away....

~smcginnis
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

:D Thank you!

Order placed....Oh yes. Definitely.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Though I'm not ready to cave, I think these are great, high quality pieces. I bet big brother Lego is watching! If so, they could take a lesson from the forge. We need farm sets, zoos, animals for trains, pets, etc... I'm in total support of the effort. Eat Lego's lunch!

How good are you guys at producing matches with Lego colors? I'm imagining dark tan pigs would look good. :P
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Darkie wrote::D Thank you! Order placed....Oh yes. Definitely.
I don't think you'll be disapponted. Interesting timing though, I was just browsing your minifig gallery when I got the order!
Peppermint Pig wrote: I bet big brother Lego is watching! If so, they could take a lesson from the forge. We need farm sets, zoos, animals for trains, pets, etc... I'm in total support of the effort. Eat Lego's lunch!

Thanks PP - I think I'll have to make a red/white striped pig in honor of your name. :) We aren't out tot eat anyones lunch (maybe scoop up a few crumbs?), we are huge LEGO fans and would never want to compete with them. We know it costs them quite a bit of money to produce one piece, so we just want to fill in a few of the gaps. Color match is tricky. There is already a lot of variance built into LEGO bricks such as fading, quality control and even depending on what part of the world you live in. We do our best to match- and are 99.5% successful, but are always continuing to improve the process. Dark Tan wouldnt be a problem - and perhaps even a better option than the Tan we were already planning.

-A
McBrick
Serf

Well...

Post by McBrick »

I really like this idea. Will put my order soon...
www.mcbrick.de
Saaz
Freeman

Post by Saaz »

As long as we're throwing out suggestions... Yes, Dark Tan would be great for pigs - or cows. I was also thinking brown cows would be nice. But you picked good colors for the first run.

Now how about goats and chickens? Pretty-please?
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

I love the ability to place a sattle on the cows, As soon as I get mine(maybe christmas?) I'm making a Cow Knight.
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....