The C-C Create a Theme Contest -NEW PRIZE-

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

I am personally using LDraw to create my competition entries. This is for a variety of reasons.
1. My “real” Lego is packed away
2. It gives me access to parts I my not own. Or in a colour I don’t have.
3. I can build my creations at any time of day, without have to set-up or pack-up anythng.
4. Best of all, it has a AUTOMATIC count feature. –Real Sweet

I have my theme worked out, and I have created two of my sets, with a plans for two more. Which I am sure I will tweak before I submit them.

Good luck to everyone who is entering.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I already made 3 of my 5 entries in LDraw to get the piece count right. I'll start building the real things after I'm done with my current project that's taking up pretty much all of my useful grey pieces.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

This is one instance where LD Draw would be a definite advantage. It's very tricky counting elements, & I have counted & recounted but I'm still not confident I'm totally accurate as the values keep changing :lol:

I have 99% of 4 MOCs completed with the 5th waiting on a small BL order to complete it. Hopefully my entry will be finished by the end of next week (fingers crossed)
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

*NEW PRIZE*
The Brickforge has graciously donated a small herd of their custom farm animals that will be awarded to the 1st place winner.

Prize consists of:

Black Bull w/ Horns (does not include saddle)
White Holstien w/ Udder
Pink Pig
Black Pig
White Sheep
Black Sheep

A $23 value! Be the first one on your block to own these really great farm animals - enter to win today!

--Tony
Last edited by SavaTheAggie on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Sweet! :)
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

OMG wow! Thanks to Brick Forge & the CC Team. That's got to inspire even more people to enter :D
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

Wow, I was thinking that I wasn't going to enter after all, I was working on something else, but..... Brickforge animals?!? Count me in, Again. :D
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Wow, awesome prize! Unfortunately, I'm still not entering, as my limited collection can not meet the requirements (even one MOC at a time). Good luck to everyone entering!

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I AM GONNA WIN THIS!!!! Hopefully. I have got to get those!

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Zorg! I'm gonna enter a contest for once... I've got three done so far. It's funny because my $50 one looks really small, but it has enough parts for it to be in that category. :|
My life is based on a true story.
MOCkingBird
Serf

Post by MOCkingBird »

Only today I visited classic castle again to discover that a new contest is on :D . I have a holiday coming up, so I might enter, although building 5 sets within the limits might be difficult.

I noticed that, as in the last CCC contest, there are people who show multiple pictures of their entries (and ask for advice to possibly change things) before submitting pictures in the contest. Am I the only one who feels that this is not correct? I know the rules do not say anything against this, but I am not really comfortable with it.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Why would it worry you? The Admins never comment on a creation. Also my intention isn't to improve my MOC so much as to improve my building as a whole. My entry won't change, I'm not in this to win, I'm in this to have fun :)
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

DARKspawn wrote:Why would it worry you? The Admins never comment on a creation. Also my intention isn't to improve my MOC so much as to improve my building as a whole. My entry won't change, I'm not in this to win, I'm in this to have fun :)
Well, in fact your showing more pictures of your entry when you do that. If the number of pictures you can use for your entry is limited, it is not fair to show more... Everyone is influenced by pictures and the one that says he/she can leave it out of the contest is talking nonsence in my opinion.
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

That's a valid point, & one probably best left to an admin to address
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The admins want everyone to share their creations while contests are being held. We have always allowed starting a separate thread and linking to another folder with more images. Usually the top group of contest entries in a category would stand out by themselves even if the admins only saw one picture of that entry.

Ben