Austrian Lego Exhibition - Sept 29+30, Vienna

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
shary
Villein

Austrian Lego Exhibition - Sept 29+30, Vienna

Post by shary »

Hi guys,

the Austrian LUG will have its yearly exhibition from Sept 29 - 30 in Vienna. Perhaps some of you (Austrians and everybody nearby stand up :wink: ) want to visit us. We have a lot of interesting buildings especially for castle fans e.g. our orthanc and hopefully our at least finished helms deep (still working on in :roll: ) or a beautiful diorama showing a mediavial town including a cathedral and a huge hillside castle build by a friend of us. Of course we still have other mocs there too 8)

exhibition details:
Sept 29 - 30, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Ruckergasse 40
1120 Vienna
fees: adults € 5, kids € 3
flyer

greets
shary
www.brick.at
natepc
Peasant

Post by natepc »

That should be quite the show! Hoping to find pictures, I checked out your website. My word! Your Orthanc is breathtaking, and I don't have any words as to how impressed I was by Helm's Deep. 'Good' is such a poor word for it. I'm going to quietly sulk in a corner. Amazing.

Nate
Nate PC
------
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/natepc]Flickr[/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

September 29-30, I think I can make it down to Vienna that weekend, I'll keep you posted :)
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

You don't want to come here just to visit us, do you? :shock:
Of course we would be honored :D

If you need any infos or help (how to find the venue, accomodation, etc.) just contact me.
www.brick.at
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

natepc wrote:That should be quite the show! Hoping to find pictures, I checked out your website. My word! Your Orthanc is breathtaking, and I don't have any words as to how impressed I was by Helm's Deep. 'Good' is such a poor word for it. I'm going to quietly sulk in a corner. Amazing.

Nate
Thank's for the commendation :D
At least our buildings are big and of course I think they are not so bad :lol: but there are many more impressing mocs especially smaller ones. They are perhaps not so stiking but often harder to build as it's harder the smaller you build. My credit to the builders of gorgeous mini mocs, furniture in minifig scale, true to scale boats, cars, etc. and all mocs with so many amazing details...
www.brick.at
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

shary wrote:You don't want to come here just to visit us, do you? :shock:
Of course we would be honored :D

If you need any infos or help (how to find the venue, accomodation, etc.) just contact me.
Already checked out how to get there, it's almost too easy, I cross the border at Arnheim from where I just go down the A3 all across Germany and that becomes the A1 in Austria which ends up on the side of Vienna I need to be at. Basically it's one long autobahn the whole way :P
I also have family in Vienna so accomodation should be taken care of, as well as other things to do over the weekend. I want to arrange the friday and monday off work though, because it is quite a drive down and back, and so I have more time to actually spend in Vienna.
I don't know if I can arrange all this but I'll let you know :)
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

Wow! I didn't expect that :mrgreen:
www.brick.at
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

push up :wink:

here is a small glimpse on our now nearly finished helms deep (big projects like this one are nearly never finished - I know :roll: and I found already some things that could be improved :shock: )

more to be seen on our hp after the exhibition
www.brick.at
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Your helms deap model looks very impressive. I am going to move this thread to the Displays forum as it is about an event with castle creations.

Ben
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

Thank's Ben!
www.brick.at
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I'm not gonna make it I'm afraid shary, I can't get any time off work right now because we're trying to haul in a new client. You have to keep us updated with pictures though!
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

Of course I will!
Perhaps you will make it next time (last weekend in March) :wink:
www.brick.at
shary
Villein

Photos from the Austrian Exhibition

Post by shary »

Hi Guys!
It was a great weekend. Here are some pics for you. Hope you enjoy them :D.
Greetz from Vienna
shary

PS: and here are new pics from our Helms Deep
www.brick.at
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Wow Helm's Deep looks great! Very nice work on that.
Great pictures of the other displays as well, too bad I couldn't make it down there.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]