Ideas for "The Shadow War"

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Prince Imdol
Master

Ideas for "The Shadow War"

Post by Prince Imdol »

I know you guys don't even have any idea what happens in the end of book one, but I guess you really don't need to, as the second book has little entwined with the first.

Here is a sneak peak of the charecters names. I am giving away no major charecters here, so its ok.

Quinia
Cassianna
Grembierd
Gremelion
Malark
Tilitus
Meadham

Basically, I want to know what you think of these names.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Well, hard to say anything about them just in a list like that...

But I like Quinia, Cassania, Gremelion and Tilitus since they go quite well together, as if they could belong to the same culture, a common mistake otherwise is to just invent different names that sound really weird together.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Maedhros wrote:Well, hard to say anything about them just in a list like that...

But I like Quinia, Cassania, Gremelion and Tilitus since they go quite well together, as if they could belong to the same culture, a common mistake otherwise is to just invent different names that sound really weird together.
Good point. But then with a big cast one may run out of names. For my factions I try to use for example Polish sounding names for one faction and Spanish for another, to give each individual faction a slightly different culture. But I also have a set of common names that get borrowed from other factions.

As far as whether any of these could be, say, royalty or peasants or what have you thats up to you. These are good names for either.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:
Maedhros wrote:Well, hard to say anything about them just in a list like that...

Good point. But then with a big cast one may run out of names. For my factions I try to use for example Polish sounding names for one faction and Spanish for another, to give each individual faction a slightly different culture. But I also have a set of common names that get borrowed from other factions.

As far as whether any of these could be, say, royalty or peasants or what have you thats up to you. These are good names for either.
-Tower

Most likely, royalty.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn