Tower on the water

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Tower on the water

Post by RebelRock »

Here's my second castle in 20 years. I really like the idea of a "waterworld" type theme where everything is built on rocks and islands. Where else can those skeletons attack with their goofy half ship? :wink:
I'll be adding more structures to this world as soon as I get about 4,000 more blue bricks. :P The water is all SNOT style bricks with mostly everything attached with technic bricks and pins.

Side note: One thing I've realized about building in the castle theme is that you use a lot of little bits of brown. I've finally come to appreciate that we have two shades of brown to work with. Just a thought.

Gallery when public:

A few deeplinks:

Uno
Dos
Tres
Cuatro
Cinco
Seis
and one more: Mooo!

It's funny to think that this whole thing came from wanting to make a pier with crooked planks.

Also, special thanks to BrickForge for creating the awesome farm animals!
Last edited by RebelRock on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Wow, Rocko, this is incredible! The castle and tower have a simple elegance that is outstanding. I also really like the small details, like the water snake and the peasant. The corral with the Brickforge animals is fun too. I sure wouldn't want to stand behind that big black bull on a little dock like that. Can't wait for the gallery to go public, so I can see the rest...

Josh

PS. You've been blogged.
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Awesome work, this is really great, & a heck of a lot of blue bricks ;) Some great details here, but the best thing is the uniqueness of the scene. Well done
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

This is a great MOC, RR!

I like the lines on your towers, and the concept of islands for this scene. The scale is quite large and 'Jail-esque", but it does work well. Very cool. 8)

Aloha!
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I like your rock landscaping with the small amount of tan sand coming out of the water. The bushes also help giving a "shallows" feel to the water. The details of your main tower and bridge are also nice.

Ben
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Tower on the water

Post by footsteps »

I like it. Very Tolkien-esque. At first I thought you'd used SNOT to do the water surface, but now I see that it's all tiles!!! That's a lot of tiles. Are there any left at BL now that you're done? :wink:

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

This is a very nice castle. I'm thinking that the servents live in the white/black house outside the castle proper? The height of the two main towers are nice, giving it a lofty feel. One could also picture this high up in the peaks of some steep mountains. Nicely done!
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Azaghal
Landlord

Re: Tower on the water

Post by Azaghal »

RebelRock wrote: I really like the idea of a "waterworld" type theme where everything is built on rocks and islands.
What a spledid idea. :)

The structures are great, very smooth (to contrast with the rough rocks). Love the animal pen and the guy paddling about in the half-barrel.

You say you're building more in this style? Can't wait to see!
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Very nice! I always like water/cliff based MOCs. This has a nice balance of detail to it. I think the fence for the livestock is a little redundant though ; )

Thanks so much for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan
Starwars4J
Laborer

Post by Starwars4J »

This is absolutely phenomenal, Megablocks it's downright inspiring! You pulled this off extremely nicely, and made the whole thing look so plausible! Actually to a degree it reminds me of something that could be found in a game such as Wind Waker, but it also looks real, very hard to accurately describe except utopian.

I love the elegance and uniformity of all the structures, you definitely have to expand with a series of small islands, each with one or two huts to dot around the castle. Great inclusion of the BF animals too :P
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Amazing! Another very good MOC.

I like this theme (though I could never do something like it myself), and I do hope to see more from you soon(well, soon-ish.) I like the amount of detail you put is, and that there aren't tons of studs everywhere. Very nice job on the towers. The designs are very appealing. I love the way you used the lion head statues, and all of those triangle slopes. I can nver find a good use for many of mine...

I love the little farm scene (though the princess looks a little out of place), and I agree that those animals so really look LEGO. The coral is simple, but it looks very neat.

All those other little things here and there are great as well. Love the snake scene (being from a place over-run with rattlers), and the rest.

Well, great job, and keep on a'buildin'!

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Awesome work! I really love the... well.. everything actually :) nice job.
Give me some blue tiles after you take this apart :P
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Aliencat wrote:Give me some blue tiles after you take this apart :P
The "water" isn't tiles...its blue bricks on their side. ;)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

JoshWedin wrote:
Aliencat wrote:Give me some blue tiles after you take this apart :P
The "water" isn't tiles...its blue bricks on their side. ;)

Josh
DOH! (that's my second one this morning!!!!)

Yes, now it's obvious. I guess I didn't have enough coffee in my system when I first looked at it. Sheesh.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
CastleMann
Villein

Post by CastleMann »

Wow!! This is just incredible! The structure is amazing as well as all the details. I absolutely love the brick-built arch connecting the lookout tower and the main tower, and the islands, and rocks and all docks, everything... That's truly an amazing castle! :D
Coming soon!
Hadrian's Wall - Milecastle

-/[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=CastleMann]My old unsorted Brickshelf with lots of junk that needs to be deleted[/url]\-
xD