Black Flags...and other rarer colors

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Black Flags...and other rarer colors

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I don't own any but as soon as I figure out how to set up a paypal account I am gonna buy some off bricklink for my Black Falcon/2007 Castle. I almost never see black used in any castles, it's almost always red, yellow, white, or blue. Why is this? What about mixing new and old colors? The new red and the old yellow look good together. What are your favorite MOCs that people have made featuring other colors. I wanna see some pics.
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Well, I don't have any pics....YET. But I've been working with blue and green a lot in my most recent MOC. Promise to upload a lil' something for you to see soon. Now that we have darker shades of blue and green to put into the mix you can get some really cool effects. I have been using gold as an accent color. With a touch of silver. It looks kinda neat. :)
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

There's a dark pink flag on my favorite BL store.. have to snatch it up.. wish there were more, lol... Thinking a black and dark pink themed goblin princess castle lies in the future XD
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

I do happen to be colorblind but I don't think I'm crazy here. I ordered a couple black 4 x 1 pennons a while back from 2 different BL sellers and just threw them in my pennon baggy till I could find time for lego. When I did get around to throwing them on some lances I realized that although they were described as black and in new, unused condition it looks like only one of them matches the other, soft-plastic black parts I have while the other 2 look... lighter somehow. They kinda look like they were left in the sun for a couple weeks but the seller said new.
Anybody happen to know of another color that could explain this or do I have the only two damaged in this way? :lol: :x
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Black Flags...and other rarer colors

Post by Athos »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:I don't own any but as soon as I figure out how to set up a paypal account I am gonna buy some off bricklink for my Black Falcon/2007 Castle. I almost never see black used in any castles, it's almost always red, yellow, white, or blue. Why is this? What about mixing new and old colors? The new red and the old yellow look good together. What are your favorite MOCs that people have made featuring other colors. I wanna see some pics.
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. I imagine the black flags aren't used much, because the flags are a nice way to add some color.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

Ser Loktar wrote: Anybody happen to know of another color that could explain this or do I have the only two damaged in this way? :lol: :x
Ser Loktar
Well, at the risk of barking up the wrong tree, I recently got my first dark grey flag (with Hogwarts). But I suppose that's far lighter than the flags you describe - if they just look like faded black.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

Thx Brickzone but yes I have access to dgrey 4 x 1 pennons and and no this is definitely not from Hogwarts. It's way darker than that but at I can see why you'd suggest that.
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM