Has Irkos Been Stolen....?

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I was reading this thread, and looknig at the dates. Since it has been several days since it was found and complaints were sent to Freewebs, I expected it to already be down. Since it is not, I have also sent a complaint in.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

It looks like the site has been taken down.
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

This website is currently not available. If you are the site owner, please contact abuse@freewebs.com regarding the status of your website.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Wow! That was just odd! Just curious, how exactly did you find it P.I.?

And if it wasn't with LEGO, I wonder what he was trying to do to Sava's story?

Yuk... this one leaves a bad taste in the mouth~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

Sadly alot of things like this are stolen without the creator being aware of such theft.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I was wondering is Tony ever made a freewebs site about Ikros, and I found this. This seemed a bit wierd, and I did not think Tony wrote it. Then is said Copywrite 04. Thats when I knew it was stolen.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

Not a nice experience for you Anthony but just think "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Slobey wrote:Not a nice experience for you Anthony but just think "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, yes. I take great pride when I see someone write a LEGO story and say they saw mine and decided to follow suit. But there is a distinct difference between imitation and plagarism.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

SavaTheAggie wrote:
Slobey wrote:Not a nice experience for you Anthony but just think "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, yes. I take great pride when I see someone write a LEGO story and say they saw mine and decided to follow suit. But there is a distinct difference between imitation and plagarism.

--Tony
yeah big differance is whether credit was given or credit was taken,i've seen alot of my creations and designs out there in BS and other places with some credit given but alot of it is credit taken.

usually when i post pics with something from someone i give them the credit for the item,unless its like an army made with obvious BrickForge Items then well what can i say credit is not needed,they are awesome creators and their product is very well known.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

SavaTheAggie wrote:

--Tony
I think I was misunderstood as I was just trying to make light of a rather crappy situation :oops: I would be ropeable if someone had blatantly copied my work and passed it off as thier own especially after all the years of thought you've put into Ikros. My bad
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits