Colossal Castle Contest V

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
plucky
Laborer

Post by plucky »

architect wrote:There are medieval legends with fantasy like St. George and the Dragon.
Darn you! Off to think up another idea... (not that this one probably hasn't been done before, but I hadn't checked yet!)

Good luck to everyone, I hope I'm ready to get building shortly!
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Thanks for the clarification Ben, and indeed all the other answers as well.

I think i've now got a few ideas finalized- I just have to find the time to start building now!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

RichardAM wrote:I think i've now got a few ideas finalized- I just have to find the time to start building now!
Yep same here :) Ideas finalized, ready to build!
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Nede23 wrote:Well, I have some questions.

Firstly: In examples for category "Trade and Industry" are all ideas about the industry, so my question is, does it includes some MOC with a trade theme? For example a harbour with a ship loading stock or something like that?

Secondly: It was spoken about it before, but I want to ask in exactly what categories are alowed some fantasy motives. My idea is perhaps some ogre in MOC for "Medieval Journey".

Thanks for answers and sorry for my english :?
Shipping was an important industry. Many goods such as wool were transported around Europe in great quantities. So a moc showing a busy dock/wharf/canal with crews unloading goods would work.

Medieval Journey is meant to be human adventurers. While you can build a traveling ogre, I think that would be better in categories such as Medieval Legend (if you can find a traveling ogre legend) or miscellaneous.

A brief note about submitting entries: We are working with our anonymous programmer extraordinaire to have the forms operational. This may take several more days for us to complete.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

I was feeling a little down this week over a few things that happened recently, and so I decided to check out CC to cheer me up, and what should I find but the announcement of the biggest LEGO event of the year! The categories are really good this year, even better than the bridge from last year. This will be my first year entering, and I can't wait to do some research to find good topics for my creations. Needless to say, I feel better now. :wink:
Piglet
Villein

Post by Piglet »

Hello

I'm very happy to see that CCC continues this year.
The category selection was a little surprise, as they are rather different than the usual ones. But it's good to have something fresh.

I would like to ask 3 questions:

1. Why is there such a rigorous base plate dimension requirement this year?

2. Is it possible that it won't be used in the misc. category ?
E.g. I have a 64x48 diorama, so now I can't submit it, but I would like to : o)

3. Is it possible to combine several images onto one 800x600 image?

Greetings and thank you for CCC : o)
Greetings
Ciamek (Piglet)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pigletciamek/
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Piglet wrote: 1. Why is there such a rigorous base plate dimension requirement this year?
Last year we had multiple baseplate dimension limits for different categories. This was very confusing to some people entering the contest. The CCC has always been for fans who have large and small collections. Size limitations allow all to participate while encouraging adding small details to mocs.

This sounds reasonable. The misc category has always been for mocs which do not fit in the other categories.
3. Is it possible to combine several images onto one 800x600 image?
We only allow smaller detail pictures to show a moving function (ie: trap door, falling axes, secret opening) on your moc. Otherwise, you can not add more than one picture into a 800x600 image.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I have a question Ben, completely unrelated to the rules or judging or anything, but about the submissions. I see a "view entries" button on the contest page, will this be for viewing all entries as they are submitted? Just a little question out of curiosity, because I think the best part of a contest is seeing what everyone comes up with.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Yep dude, that "view entries" button works that way :).
Anyways, I have pretty strange ideas for this year's contest; I bet I'll be having loads of fun as always.
Silverleaf
Villein

Broken Links?

Post by Silverleaf »

I know it's kinda early to enter, but I just finished a project today and would like to submit it, but the submit link is broken. Will this be fixed soon?

architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Broken Links?

Post by architect »

Silverleaf wrote:I know it's kinda early to enter, but I just finished a project today and would like to submit it, but the submit link is broken. Will this be fixed soon?

Please see my post above where I said this:
I wrote:A brief note about submitting entries: We are working with our anonymous programmer extraordinaire to have the forms operational. This may take several more days for us to complete.
Thanks.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Quote:

This sounds reasonable. The misc category has always been for mocs which do not fit in the other categories.
I would also be very interested in the misc category not having a size restriction. I have an entry that was built with this contest in mind. It doesn't fit into the other categories and it is much bigger than the size restrictions. Thank you for considering.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Thor
Foot Soldier

A newb around here..

Post by Thor »

...and I plan on entereing at least one entry...but the real exciting part is seeing all of the creative moc's that will be entered. And having those uber cool prizes will definately motivate people. Let the creating BEGIN!!!
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

Looks like it's time to pay bricklink a visit or 50....what's worse is that i just paid a visit to the barnes and noble site for one book and ended up with a $300 bill....funny how that happens...
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Bluesecrets wrote:
Quote:

I would also be very interested in the misc category not having a size restriction. I have an entry that was built with this contest in mind. It doesn't fit into the other categories and it is much bigger than the size restrictions. Thank you for considering.
Me too. Mine is around 100 x 70 studs. It would be great to be able to enter it into the contest