New movie: Beowulf

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

From what I've read, there's probably enough 'content' in it to warrant an R rating if it wasn't animated, and I suppose they wanted a wider audience.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Blueandwhite wrote:I can't see spending a small fortune on CGI only to make the film look... like plastic? Seriously, everything (and everyone) looks like they are covered in gel.
I agree. For all the praise CGI gets for being 'realistic' in movies I find a lot of it looks fake - it's too smooth and shiny. Give me Henry V (1989 with a budget of $9,000,000) and 300 (2006 with a budget of $60,000,000) and I can tell you which has the bigger battle scenes, but I can also tell you which is the more realistic of the two.

- Matt
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I still don't think there is need for nudity, whether there is some pretty movie star or not. Thats why I hate the media these days.

The Movie is based on one of the greatest epic ballads of all time, so it can't be that bad.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Prince Imdol wrote:I still don't think there is need for nudity, whether there is some pretty movie star or not. Thats why I hate the media these days.

The Movie is based on one of the greatest epic ballads of all time, so it can't be that bad.

P.I
I agree, it's bloody medieval times! When will that ever be learned? There was more killing than.... eww.... But it could get bad. I also agree with that: 3D affect is useless, they look:a. glossy, b. fake, c. shiny. Also the part where Beowulf is yelling (something about "tonight, I'll slay somebody and jibberish) it reminded me of: "Spartans! Tonight we dine in Heck!"
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

I watched it in 3d at our local cinema, I have to admit i didnt know it was animated, but it looked a bit fishy, but you get used to it. It is quite an inspirational film though ill hand it that.

I think CGI is just trying to prove a point that it is quite good, and they are sort of showing off.
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

LOL! I couldn't help myself... but I MUST post this here....

Leonidas -vs- Beowulf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRn4DleNgd4

:lol:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Fredric
Serf

Post by Sir Fredric »

I might see it, but it doesn't look like a "Must -See" to me.