Autumn foliage

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Autumn foliage

Post by Quickblade22 »

I'm sure someone else has thought of this, but I just thought I'd reinterate it. It'd be nice to have the leaf pieces in colors like orange, dark red, or even yellow. With the resorces that are avaliable now, it would be cool to have these options. What do all you guys think?
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

that would be great! it would also be nice to have Brown ones to make dead trees!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Good idea DNL, but it'd have to be in a different color brown so it doesn't blend in. Also, how about marbled colored leaf pieces? That would work too, especially for snow covered ones. While I was discussing this with another AFOL, I got an idea that light pink would work too for cherry blossom trees. Think of some cool Japanese Mocs that some of you could make.
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

These in different colours? I think if they were painted the same colours mentioned here they'd be great for autumn trees.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Those are exactly what I was talking about, as well as the smaller ones. With all the great builders here, it would be awesome to see what would transpire. I've seen the brick built ones, but they just don't have the same appeal to me. The only other problem I could see is that you'd have to have some leaves on the ground. I think 1x1 plates in autumn colors might pass for them.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I've been waiting and waiting for more colors of the leaf parts. The white and dark green give me hope!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

We did talk about fall color leaves in several old threads:
We would like palm tree packs, folliage leaf packs (with large and small leaves) in green and fall colors, flowers and stems, etc.
A few years ago I made an images of possible fall leaf colors:

Ben
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

Those look good!
Luke I am your father! Join me and receive a free toaster!
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Oh Man. Oh Man.

Please.

I love this notion, and have thought about it many times. As Chris pointed out, the white and dark green leaf peices do seem to be a sign that the LEGO company might produce peices such as these.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Those look great Ben. I hadn't seen those before. Hopefully someone in the company has taken notice of it especially since you're an ambassador. I often wonder why some pieces aren't made in certain colors. Well, the good news is that besides the new dark green and white pieces, TLG seems to be taking more note of what the customers want.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Quickblade22 wrote:Those look great Ben. I hadn't seen those before.
Aha! N00b! :P

(Internal jokes aside, back to topic!)

I can only agree with the others here. I know for sure that I would by tons if they were available.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I'm still waiting for the green ones to be available in some degree of regularity. I love the idea of being able to model the seasons, but right now, the ability to simply model trees is something alot of builders don't have.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Aha! N00b!
I walked right into that one. :P
I'm still waiting for the green ones to be available in some degree of regularity. I love the idea of being able to model the seasons, but right now, the ability to simply model trees is something alot of builders don't have.
Alright, that's agreeable as well. I think it's one of the reasons the forestmen and particularly the Camoflague Outpost is so dear to me, the leaf pieces. Legofreak stated the same thing about the desire for more of this piece, so lets add the other colors into the plea as well. So TLC, please don't leaf us hanging. :lol:
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Earth Orange or Dark Orange, in addition to Reddish Brown

Sand Green for light foliage and a transition from Green to White.

That orange-yellow color would be good as well. Yellow outright may be a little strong, though I'd gladly accept bold colors like yellow, orange, red, and dark red.

I'd strongly recommend Dark Teal since it would make a good shade filler color for a tree, or even used as kelp or other watery uses.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

It would be nice to have multiple colours to facilitate the creation of fall foliage and other types of trees.

Mind you, I too would be happy with increased access to the colour that already do exist.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)