Brick and Blade

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

The wonderful invention of Google led me to this marvelous demo :o . Remember this is only the 0.894 demo, so technically it isn't even a demo yet, it's just in beta phase (for those who don't know, beta phase in usually when all the bugs and kinks get worked out in a game before it is released). Although the demo is limited to 8 levels of your character, you can keep going back to play it again, and again.

Hob Took
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

I love u Hob thanks for the demo anyway i looked and leocad its looks weird cant u do the same thing with digtal desniger the horse man guy should have one those red plumes? whatever u know the dragon knights have on their helmet.
Luke I am your father! Join me and receive a free toaster!
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

Ditto

Im getting leocad aswell and will help constructing anything just need to know what!
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Dain Ironfoot
Serf

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

Hob Took wrote:Awesome! Have you done the hills, mountains, forests, ect?

I downloaded LeoCAD, and it seems to be a pretty simple drag and drop program. I might be able to help you with a few ideas on the troops, and possibly even create a few buildings, although I have absolutly no idea how they get animated or put into the game.

Hob Took
You need not worry about that :) All I need is the Leocad model, then I can take it from there.

Hills and mountains are in the works I believe. I haven't had overmuch to do with the world map, but it looks promising :)
cant (you) do the same thing with digtal desniger
I am unfamiliar with that program. Anyway, at the moment, Leocad provides me with what I need as I doubt that other piece of software has export capabilties.
should have one those red plumes? whatever (you) know the dragon knights have on their helmet.
Alas I have yet to model plumes yet, they are on my todo list however.

What do I need modelwise I hear you cry?

Well, to begin with: Castles. Castles are what I need mostly. I need to do one for every faction really. Big impressive fortresses to siege and conquer :)

Then I also need misc lego buildings.. houses, blacksmiths, taverns etc.

And then if you're feeling brave, catapults, siege towers and other siege weapons :)

I'd prefer these in leocad format, as I have to do significant work on them afterwards.

Thanks

Dain
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

Excellent, but what do I do with the model once I have created it in LeoCAD? I don't know how to export it. :?

Oh, and Digital Designer is a program created by the Lego company that allows you to create a model, then buy it online. The piece selection is quite limited though, and there are only about 3 different minifigs. It uses the same basic drag and drop abilities as LeoCAD, but in a more user friendly way (meaning it's made so a kid can use it).

Hob Took
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

good god, that demo is amazing, and its only a demo! i will definately have to get the full version of this!
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

yes i really like the tornuments in the game. though i tried to attack a sea raider and my whole army of farmers were killed :cry: Is there some way to get the game muiltiplayer (that would be awsome) I havent tried Leocad yet but i know i can be of assitance just tell me what to make.
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

Well, to begin with: Castles. Castles are what I need mostly. I need to do one for every faction really. Big impressive fortresses to siege and conquer

Then I also need misc lego buildings.. houses, blacksmiths, taverns etc.
this is what they need
Dain Ironfoot
Serf

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

Hob Took wrote:Excellent, but what do I do with the model once I have created it in LeoCAD? I don't know how to export it. :?

Oh, and Digital Designer is a program created by the Lego company that allows you to create a model, then buy it online. The piece selection is quite limited though, and there are only about 3 different minifigs. It uses the same basic drag and drop abilities as LeoCAD, but in a more user friendly way (meaning it's made so a kid can use it).

Hob Took
If you just upload the leocad file itself, that'd be great.
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

Hmmmmmm i am going to buy m&b becuase i got to lvl 8 its fun i just had a 5 min test on leocad ill post what i did later.
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

ummmmmmmm not trying to be stuiped but how am i supposed to post the leocad thing i made :?
Dain Ironfoot
Serf

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

I reccomend a free file uploading site.. just do a quick google.
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

Ok ill try some time its kind of confusing with leocad with all the buttons and stuff the only thing i made was a guy when i had 5mins yesterday i just want to know how to upload stuff. ty for telling me.
Dain Ironfoot
Serf

Post by Dain Ironfoot »

ericgizmo wrote:Ok ill try some time its kind of confusing with leocad with all the buttons and stuff the only thing i made was a guy when i had 5mins yesterday i just want to know how to upload stuff. ty for telling me.
Aha. One thing I don't need, is minifigures.
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

unfortunately I discovered i was TERRIBLE at building with Leocad, so i dont think anything valuable will come from me....

btw just bought M&B and Im owning it, at lvl 11 already and an army of swadian knights!