cccv entry: castle gates

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
januson
Peasant

cccv entry: castle gates

Post by januson »

my 7th entry, this one for miscellaneous, as it doesn't quite qualify for castle spaces: the gates of the castle of the scorpion king, with working portcullis and working drawbridge

brickshelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=287427

couldn't manage my initial design, with beams above the drawbridge which pivoted opposite counterweights, but those cranks work the portcullis and drawbridge pretty well as is
Escape The Fate
Foot Soldier

Post by Escape The Fate »

hey, ur folders not public yet so i would put a deep link in it, to show us.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Huge gates! Very neat - looks like you've got a pretty complex system of ropes and chains for bringing up the gates - I wonder if that could catch some poor guardsman and knot him all up! :)

I really like the way that you've got all the weapons and stores around the MOC, and the guards/soldiers walking around - it really has a nice feeling of everyday life.

One possible weakpoint - I think that the scorpian shield on the outside (above the doors) is not a bad idea, but because the doors and the gate is so big, it looks a bit small... perhaps some more decorations would have been nice.

Nice building though~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

very good shape except for the gate doors.. you have got a nice arch there, why make a rectangular door to it? if not round corners, make at least angled one, that would look cooler! :wink:
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I like the gate doors. They seem well crafted. I can tell you worked hard on this. It certainly paid off. I love the complex gate system.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

I love there hugeness! Its not often you see people building for the scorpion faction so thats nice too. I think it would tidied up the ropes and had them going somewhere other than to the sides of the wall.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Well done and certainly huge. Interesting pulley mechanisms - if not a little over complicated.

In addition, nice collection of weapons - woe the bandit that tries to pass those gates.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/janus ... ates3s.jpg

I love that picture. Great gate, and great pulley system. I also like your figures.
Daria
Villein

Post by Daria »

I like how the armless guy shows up again from your other MOC. :P