CCCV Entry: Market Square Wedding

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Stone Goblin
Bailiff

CCCV Entry: Market Square Wedding

Post by Stone Goblin »

My first CCCV entry for the Festivals and Celebrations category called Market Square Wedding.

I was trying to make a Middle East style MOC that was around the early crusades(when Muslims and Christians had better relations) with a Christian wedding taking place or at least the after-wedding party outside the church. Includes bread being given to the poor, kids enjoying a puppet show, musicians playing for the crowd, fools/jesters dancing around, snake charming, travelers from all around and whatever market life I could fit in.

Some of the inspiration comes from the video game Assassin's Creed, hence my Assassin character is also in the scene!

Enjoy.

P.S.

Please excuse the filesize. I wanted to output png versions and didn't make any jpgs yet.

I'll have more shots of it after the contest or whenever I have the free time. Still building three more mocs for CCCV. Finished three and almost done with the fourth.
Gallery Link
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=287184
My MOCpages:[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/2746[/url]

Our store(Peppermint Pig and I)
LibertyBRICK:[url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Stone_Goblin[/url]
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I must say, the entries this year are so good in general compared to some past CCC's. I really like all of them.

This is very good. I love the canopies and coloring. So many people.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Excellent entry. Very colourful, and I love the amount of detail that you have packed in. Every fig seems to have his own little story. Also, I love the use of the Slave Leia torso on the balcony. :lol:
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

This is great. I love the guy with the red capes and ferarri head, great idea. The colouring is great too, never seen purple, dark red or brown flags before.

I demand more pictures of everthing! No 'if's,' 'ands,' or 'but's,' about it, gogogo!! :lol:
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....
Odysseus
Laborer

Post by Odysseus »

That is a very vibrant scene. There i so much going on in there and it reminds me a bit of a "Where's Waldo" book--in a good way. It a great MOC to look at from an overall view, or the individual elements.

Jonathan
jrpickles123

Post by jrpickles123 »

I always love arabian mocs, and this one is my new favorite.
My favorite parts include the hanging flags, cobblestone streets,
and the dark orange bricks in the tallest tower. A derfinite
honorable mention, if not winner.

~~~~~~~~~jrpickles123~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
januson
Peasant

a little crowded...

Post by januson »

a little crowded, but i like it
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

One of the coolest mocs i've ever seen, too much fits in a limited area and still it does not create chaos.
Church tower standing near a minaret(if i am not mistaken, it seems like one) is also a nice touch.
The_Vanquished wrote:This is great. I love the guy with the red capes and ferarri head, great idea. The colouring is great too, never seen purple, dark red or brown flags before.

I demand more pictures of everthing! No 'if's,' 'ands,' or 'but's,' about it, gogogo!! :lol:
I think that guy is no guy but woman :wink: And i also want to see a lot more shots, let us see them :D
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Looks great. I love those tan/grey windows above the stalls. Going to have to steal that design. I also really like the coverings over the stalls.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Wonderful scene with some great details & minifig action, the street performers are great, & you have used the space very well. My only grip is your use of flags, because I had the very same idea for the very same catagory ;)
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I have to confess I think it is too crowded, but that is only personal preference I guess. On the other hand you really make up for it with the beautiful work on the surrounding buildings. And I love the veil technique with the capes, got to borrow that someday ;) All in all, good work!
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I think this is great, love the flags, love the figures. Party on!
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

I think that guy is no guy but woman :wink: And i also want to see a lot more shots, let us see them :D
Now that you point it out, I agree, it is probably a woman. Either way, I was using the term loosely, "guy" meaning person.

But yeah, I agree. :lol:
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....