Restless...

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Maedhros wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote:To quote the great Maedhros a while ago...
Maedhros wrote:written some five pages and illustrated it with MOCs and some photoediting and I get [(you)]one[/(you)] reply
Just as a matter of interest, Matt, when did I write that? :P (Oh, it sure looks like something I would write but I can't remember it..)
Here, near the bottom. Basically I was a bit frustrated that Legofreak's return had generated three pages of posts whereas many MoCs/stories often go by with just a couple of comments (it was rude of me but I think it was a valid point). This was from your much more reasonable reply.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Ah.. I remember the frustration yes.. the same kind of frustration that one feels everytime after writing a story it seems. But I carry on, for some weird reason I do... ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Stories are just out of vogue these days. It seems these are the only threads that get a lot of posts in the story forum.

Although my recent Monarth Update as sparked some interest, which made me quite happy.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

For me, the biggest problem is being satisfied with my story. I am always thinking up new ideas, and I often can easily think up the main parts of the story, but filling in the gaps is harder.

If you don't have enough bricks to build the MOCs for your story, you could try building them in MLCAD, and then using a 3-d program to set up the final scene. I use a lot of 3-d, mostly for Brickfilms, but I am going to do some of my illustrations in 3-d.
The Yeti
Laborer

Post by The Yeti »

Geneally speaking, the reason i havent posted any stories before is that i do like to finish them before i post. After all, everyone hates an unfinished story...
Funny things DO happen--just never when you need them...