Cloth Black Falcon Cape

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

It looks like a Fry Slayer design to me. He does excellent design work on flags, capes, sails, etc. You should take them as a template and design more of your own.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Okey, I was cutting out the flag, and I realized that the colors did not match Lego Blue. So, I went back to MS Paint, and printed a bunch of squares, keeping track of the Red/Blue/Yellow values. Finally, I tried printing once, and then printing the same thing again on top of the first print. That works much better. So, here is a BF flag, as close to color matched as I can get it.

Color Comparison

My only problem is that I can't get the two sides to stay together. I tried hot glue, but that made the flag very stiff. Does anyone know of something that will stick the two pieces together without stiffening them?

Picture of Problem

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

How about rubber cement? It's supposed to be a flexible adhesive. It'll be in a brown jar with an orange lid, and a brush attached to the inside of the lid.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I used rubber cement, as you suggested, Recluce. It worked very well, thank you for the suggestion. When it first was applyed, it soaked through and looked to be blurring the colors, but after the flag dried, it looked fine. I won't post a picture now, but you guys will see some flags and capes in the Journey entry to CCV in a few days. Thanks for the help in getting the flags done. :)

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Black Falcon
Villein

Post by Black Falcon »

Love them! :) I picture the cape belonging to a Black Falcon king and the flags would be great for a falcon calvary.

Great work! Wouldn't it be cool if Lego revisited some of the classic factions- more falcons!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Just wanted to throw in my support for your job well done. I love seeing members branch out into various customizing styles and doing it well. If there's any of my stuff you want to try to use, just give me a buzz.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I would like to say very nice indeed. These are a great addition to the black falcons.

I noticed your post about changing colors is after your pics of each element. Are those pics in the correct color and is it OK to use your work to print myself some flags and capes?
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

That is awesome i love it
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.