Chateau Satan

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Chateau Satan

Post by RebelRock »

It's too bad all those people got unfairly murdered during the Inquisition, considering there were no real witches or satanists. But let's not trouble ourselves with the facts.

In a bizarro universe where satanists were real, here's where they hung out. :P

Image is gallery when public.

Certain aspects of this are inspired by Nannan and DARKspawn and the whole thing is dedicated to Darkkazmo. :wink:
This is probably the biggest thing I've built and a pain to photograph. It's on four 48x48 stud baseplates. I'm switching to small, witty MOCs. :P

A general shot of the front.

General shot from a side.

Yet another angle.

I'm an angle aficionado.

An evil statue.

Evil sacrifice.

Not to be trusted.

Shady characters.

Grave diggin'

What is going on around here???

This is for Nannan and Darkspawn.:wink:

Evil bowling.

O noes!!!one!1!

Eeek!
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Very cool, very detailed MOC. The upside-down cross window is . . . well, let's just say it's well done and in character and leave it at that, shall we? :shock:

Is there an interior, or just the exterior?

Finally, every decent occultist needs a pit to keep his cthulitic entities. :twisted:
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

I made the roof removable so I can add an interior...maybe.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Yet again I find myself thinking - wow!

An amazing design and very well detailed. I would be hard pressed to determine what my favourite element is, but I am leaning towards the tile-work at each of the corners of the main building.

All in all - brilliant.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Such evil! Such beauty!

Very impressive with many nice techniques (2/3 slope arching over the doorway) and good looking characters that fit the scene.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

You know they're satanists because the chess board is round....

Small? I don't think so! Witty? Most definitely! I couldn't stop laughing at all the incredibly well done & hillarious details you have added. Man, almost every shot had me laughing out loud. Awesome work, Rock.

One question - how did you do the arch over the door with the cheese slopes? There must be an element in use I don't recognise.
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

Whoops, I meant I'm switching to small MOCs after this.

Here's the super secret part that everyones been wondering about. It makes the arch possible. :P

Cheese slopes on top of those and stuck under an arch. It give a nice rounded effect. :)
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

You're definitely one of my favorite builders of 2007!
Your mocs are extravagantly detailed and they keep getting better & better.
This one in particular is full of such vile beauty and horrifically entertaining details, if Satan were a FAFOL (Fallen Angel Fan Of LEGO), then he would probably build something similar to this!

Is this going to be a contest entry?
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Post by Sir Brithead »

This is great. Such Evilness. So many things to compliment but I have Two questions..

Lawn Bowling? That is not very evil! Funny though.

Also, What is with the Naked lady in the Bath?, seems like a strange detail to add to this Satan's Playground, it is also in a wierd place. What is the story with her.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Well, It's certainly full of...ahem...detail.

The building and grounds are great. There is so much going on here It took me quite a while to wander through the gallery.

I 'like' the places where you have 'blood' running down, that was a good insight to build them in. And all the tiling/smoothness really helps this MOC along nicely!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

lol, of course *slaps head. Well done

My Maleficus Vipera says it would be honoured to be summoned into the basement of the Chateau Satan anytime ;)
Escape The Fate
Foot Soldier

Post by Escape The Fate »

Good job, but personally for the bowling scene i would have used a skeleton head for the bowling ball.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is very well done. First off, the house is nicely designed and really gives off the creepy aura. As well, I love all of the details that you have put in at every turn, since they really make this an interesting MOC. Keep up the good work!
Silverleaf
Villein

Post by Silverleaf »

You're a sick person! ...j/k I like it...in a strange sadistic kind of way.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I saw this yesterday while browsing brickshelf and loved it all - bookmarked and saved several pics to my hard drive. I didn't notice that you were the builder for some reason.

My favorite part is the skeletons with their supply of LEGO heads to eat brains from! :) But the MOC is just FULL of action and events that are quite cool/ghastly. I like how you did the blood as well - I've never seen blood done that way, but I think that it looks quite realistic.

I also like the dirt around the grave and the way that you made it look quite realistic.

One thing I was wondering about - what's with the girl taking a bath?! That's doesn't seem so scary. :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]