Planning Thread: New CCRP

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Escape The Fate
Foot Soldier

Post by Escape The Fate »

this sounds cool, so im in if we can make it good.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Okay, so we have the factions settled and have some volunteers to do the map. I think that anyone that really wants to make a map (LDraw, pencil, colored, whatever) should give it a go and show us their results. Then we would have a variety of maps to choose from! If we didn't like any single one, we could ask Formendacil to take the chunks that we like and try to put them together, maybe tweak some parts here and there.

On the subject of character creation, I think that the picture for your character should be a requisite. Those that can't get a picture should describe their character to the best of their abilities using Lego terms.

Example;

torso: red with ruined leather padding
legs: blue with brown belt and brown pouch on the side
etc., etc......

So, what do you think?

Edit: I forgot my password for my Brickshelf account. Is there any way to find it or have it sent to my email?
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, you gentlemen don't have to use this, but I certainly had fun making it:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Formendacil/Maps/ccrp.jpg

If you happen to have questions as the relative sizes of the factions, locations of the factions relative to each other, or the schema of things in general... I warn you that I have answers.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

So the Crown Knights have a coastal kingdom? I like it! If anyone else has a map they'd like to share, please do!

Whoopie! Now we're getting somewhere! Huzzah!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

*Loud appluase* Well done Formendacil! I really like it! Now as the RPG progresses, borders might change. (You know, conquests, bribes, deals) I like how the Castle, Skeletons and KK1/2 are on one island and the classics on the other. One question: What's the difference between the Oval Dragon Shield and the small one? Two Dragon Princes in Civil war? I like it... And the same for the two Lions shield, Two Brothers, and both want more? I like that too... Who are the Pink Crowns? (I'm not very fimiliar with the classic-castles stuff) I really happy! :D Thanks!

EDIT: I'll put up another one, just to have some options... (Not that I would vote for mine)
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

why do the Black Monarchs hve more territory than the Dragon Masters? Having dragons wouldn't the DM be more powerful?
Or are they allies?
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

That is a very cool map. I like your choices for the terrain. However, I don't like the ratio of pre-KK2 land to post-KK2 land. The western island should be bigger, and the eastern island should shrink. I do like your placement of factions, as they represent the rivalries that Lego gave them.

My biggest nitpick is that the KK2 guys should have a small reserve on some island instead of the huge space they have now. Their former kingdom could become sort of a wild moorland, which would fit well with the placement of the Vikings. Also, you left out Ninja and Samurai. :shock:
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

I don't think that the Ninja and Samurai are really Castle. They're more advanced then the other factions. Also, they have guns and gun powder! :evil: I think we should stick with the rule of no gun powder in the CCRP.

Thats just my opinion.

P.S. Black Ranger, the triangle shield is the Black Knights and the oval shield are the Dragon Masters, a.k.a. the Dragon Knights. The Lion on grid J-6 is KK1 I believe, the lion on grid B-6 I think are the Crusaders? The lion on grid I-4, well, I can't remember what their faction name is, but I would bet that Formendacil knows and can correct any mistakes that I made.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Ninja and Samurai wouldn't necessarily have to have gunpowder. Real sets are rarely mentioned in the RP, so why bother including gunpowder?
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Thanks Matt... HeartOfDarkness I agree, a little edit here and there would amke it perfect. And yes, Nijas seem to be a litlle to far ahead for our knights. So I'll edit them out as a faction.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

sir dano wrote:why do the Black Monarchs hve more territory than the Dragon Masters? Having dragons wouldn't the DM be more powerful?
Or are they allies?
It was a decision I made based, more or less, on gut feeling. The Black Monarchs had some of the most impressive looking LEGO figs, with their bardinged, euro-armoured, dragon plumed knights, and were around for several years with two major Castles. I've always seen them as a mighty empire.

Dragon Masters, by contrast, were always portrayed in the catalogues as inhabiting wild, mountainous country. They always seemed a bit more rural and gritty to me, ergo their more remote, mountainous territory.

As to whether they are allies or enemies, that's the sort of thing that should be decided IN-play.
HeartOfDarkness wrote:That is a very cool map. I like your choices for the terrain. However, I don't like the ratio of pre-KK2 land to post-KK2 land. The western island should be bigger, and the eastern island should shrink. I do like your placement of factions, as they represent the rivalries that Lego gave them.

My biggest nitpick is that the KK2 guys should have a small reserve on some island instead of the huge space they have now. Their former kingdom could become sort of a wild moorland, which would fit well with the placement of the Vikings. Also, you left out Ninja and Samurai
Well, the ratio is something that kind of just happened... but on reflection I like it. Just because a nation has less land does not mean it is less powerful--or less populated. Looking at the map, I would picture the "old world" continent to be more densely populated, which the "new world" is rather sparse in population. Also remember, with KK2, that there are six or seven subfactions that can be squeezed into there... And they ought to have a land connection with the Shadow Knights, I felt, given the "historic" rivalry between the two.

The whole issue of Ninjas is one that I'm not going to weigh in on... whether or not they are accepted as Castle is something that waffles back and forth on this forum, and my own instinct is to say that they're not... but I really don't care.

The last Lion shield is the Royal Knight's.
Last edited by Formendacil on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

Well, since I'm back at C-C, I would like to do this. I'm much better at RPing than when I was last here - I sucked then.

Nice map :) .
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Okay I know I ditched the last one but it seems we're going pretty Lego-like this time so I may join again! As long Elves don't start popping up...

P.S. I vote we give the Ninjas an island! Huzza for Ninjas everywhere!

Edit: I just noticed a really cool thing on the map! The Fright Knights land looks like it's a tan beach with one lone mountain. The Bat Lord's Castle?

Edit agian!: I was wondering if you'd like me to write up some "Character Rules" to help out the RPers?

Triple Edit: To late I already did!
Last edited by Lord Tyler II on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Sorry for the double post but this should get it's own.

LEGO Classic Castle RPG Character Rules

1. This is a LEGO RPG. All characters must fall into one of the pre-existing factions.*

2. These characters should have similarities, in description, to mini-figures in the official LEGO sets of the faction they derive from, but some smudging is allowed.

3. NO random character names such as, Hippo Knight of the Fried Chicken Forest, or Coolknight56.

4. Characters should NOT be invincible! Characters may be powerful, but not unkillable. Give them a weakness of some sort.

5. NO improbable powers! Magic exists in the LEGO world but in can’t be used in some ways, such as, “The wizard sneaked up behind the Great Knight and gave him a lethal bubble blast, killing him instantly…”

6. Dragons characters should be one of the 3 types found in the LEGO sets: Classic Green or Black Dragon, 07 Dragon, and Vikings Dragons.**

7. Character Control. Character should only be controled by those who created them. However making someone elses character speak short lines is allowed. If a member is unable to post he can give control of a character to another member of his/her choice. If this occurs it should be anounced in the discussion thread.

Character’s Name:
Faction:
Species:
Attributes (Looks):
Items:
History:
Starting Location***:
Misc:

*A Character without a faction should join one sometime in the game, OR be an animal with slight intelligence, like a Dragon.

**The Vikings Dragons have specific names so I figure one of each of those only, exept Wyverns. But this should be discussed.

***On the Map. Example: (B-1, J-7)
A-P and 1-11.

Editors Note: No Elves!
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Seems like a pretty sound list. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Lego elves show up in a year or two.

Also, wouldn't we technically be able to make Hippo Knights with Scala minifigs? And a fried Chicken Forest would be really cool if we could pull it off. I'm just saying. :P