CCRP January Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

Sir_Brick wrote:Has the king of the Black Falcons gone mad, or has he simply become consumed with an obsession with Castle Stoneworthy?
Well, I guess the King is kinda mine. He's just obsessed.

And: Hold off Stoneworthy a bit!!

Edit: I'm suggesting a new rule. People seem to travel all the way across the world in one post, and that... just doesn't work. I think we should only be able to travel one square per post if just traveling on foot, 2 if on horseback, 2 if on a ship.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Lego-las, just make it official that you have control of the Black Falcon king. I'll send you a pm after that concerning some details about Gerodal's past with another monarch. :twisted:

I just love causing political turmoil. :twisted: Bwahahahahahaha!!!! :twisted:
Sir_Brick
Freeman

Post by Sir_Brick »

Sir_Brick wrote:Edit: I'm suggesting a new rule. People seem to travel all the way across the world in one post, and that... just doesn't work. I think we should only be able to travel one square per post if just traveling on foot, 2 if on horseback, 2 if on a ship.
I think that's a good idea. I've been going about half a square per post but I think for realism's sake it would make sense that we followed those 'laws'. Also it could be, say, 3 on a flying dragon or as many as possible via magic teleportation. :wink:
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Sir_Brick wrote:
Sir_Brick wrote:Edit: I'm suggesting a new rule. People seem to travel all the way across the world in one post, and that... just doesn't work. I think we should only be able to travel one square per post if just traveling on foot, 2 if on horseback, 2 if on a ship.
I think that's a good idea. I've been going about half a square per post but I think for realism's sake it would make sense that we followed those 'laws'. Also it could be, say, 3 on a flying dragon or as many as possible via magic teleportation. :wink:
Agreed. This should keep things reasonible.

EDIT: anyone want to design the map for Stoneworthy? Forest? Castles? We need a bit more detail going on, due to that last RPG a mountain and cave jumped out of nowhere and suddenly dwarves lived there. So once we make terrain, let's keep it that way.
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

Well, if I ever get Photoshop working, I'll make some detailed maps of Stoneworthy and it's surroundings.

Just a fun fact about Stoneworthy: The name is actually a Brickfilm I saw like 2 years ago. When thinking of a name for a castle, it popped into my head. I didn't remember it was from the Brickfilm "The Battle for Castle Stoneworthy" until like a week later. Funny, eh? I'll put a link to the Brickfilm in one of my posts just for fun once battle breaks out.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Yes, only being able to travel that bit is a good idea, it was just odd having people such a long way and still keeping up with events, since it would really take quite a while to get that far.

"anyone want to design the map for Stoneworthy? Forest? Castles? We need a bit more detail going on, due to that last RPG a mountain and cave jumped out of nowhere and suddenly dwarves lived there. So once we make terrain, let's keep it that way."

I have a couple of maps that I've been making as the story goes on for my own sake, but I can upload them in a little while. I don't think we need too much detail thus far, since there are only a couple locations sprouted around the map.
Having something like a mountain or cave appear out of the blue in this roleplay seems less likely, since things like mountain ranges and forests are already on the map. I think if somebody gives mention of a new mountain cave, it should just be within one of the already set mountain ranges, not out in the open somewhere.

EDIT:
I've just uploaded two of my maps to Flickr;

-Full Black and white map, with location names-
-Zoomed Map, Square D-6-

I made these maps from what I have gathered by reading the roleplay so far, and have been updating it as neccessary.
Please note that the Black and white map measures 1500 x 1038, and may take a while to load depending on your connection.

They have helped me figure in where everything is, and I hope they can help you guys too. :)

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Forgive me for my double post, but I was just wondering what happened to y'all. I think the last post in the gaming thread is dated from five days ago.

My best guess is that school started back up on Monday, at least for me anyway, which consumes free time.
I was just going to post with Alexander, but I don't really wan't to triple post. :wink:

~Amanda
Sir_Brick
Freeman

Post by Sir_Brick »

For me it's because school started up again. Get this, yesterday there was a tornado in Vancouver Washington. Second time in that area!
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

"For me it's because school started up again. Get this, yesterday there was a tornado in Vancouver Washington. Second time in that area!"

Yikes! Is that located near you at all?
Luckily over here we don't get any crazy weather.. Unless you count the fact that it looks like spring right now in the middle of January. :P

~Amanda
Sir_Brick
Freeman

Post by Sir_Brick »

The tornado was about a mile from my house. The only other time there had been a tornado in that area was in 1972.

Back on topic. Hey Lego-Las is it okay if about 100 BF reinforcements head to Drer?
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

There we go. Gerodal is now a commander of a BF army. Soon, he should be sent to the Crown Kingdom. My entire diabolical plan depends on it. :twisted: Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! :twisted:
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

Sir_Brick wrote:The tornado was about a mile from my house. The only other time there had been a tornado in that area was in 1972.

Back on topic. Hey Lego-Las is it okay if about 100 BF reinforcements head to Drer?
Yesh. By the way, the main reason I haven't been posting is that my internet hasn't really been working lately. I just barely got a burst of working-ness, so that's how I'm posting.
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

LEGO-las wrote:
Sir_Brick wrote:The tornado was about a mile from my house. The only other time there had been a tornado in that area was in 1972.

Yesh. By the way, the main reason I haven't been posting is that my internet hasn't really been working lately. I just barely got a burst of working-ness, so that's how I'm posting.
:shock: Wow Sir_Brick.... I haven't done much lately, due to I'm waiting for Matt DeBar and FullNelson to keep Lord Edmund and Black Ranger moving. Sean just waiting for it all to happen...
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

There we go. I finally got out a post with BeDar and the army. Wallton will be attacked by about three hundred orcs in a little while. :twisted: Let the battle begin!!!! :twisted: Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Edit: Sorry, since BeDar and company are with the main army, perhaps there should be many, many, more orcs than three hundred? Anyone have a reasonable number in mind?
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

Matt BeDar wrote:There we go. I finally got out a post with BeDar and the army. Wallton will be attacked by about three hundred orcs in a little while. :twisted: Let the battle begin!!!! :twisted: Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Edit: Sorry, since BeDar and company are with the main army, perhaps there should be many, many, more orcs than three hundred? Anyone have a reasonable number in mind?
I'd say about 500-600 is pushing it.