Narcissim, egotistism, and the fact that you're good-looking

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Narcissim, egotistism, and the fact that you're good-looking

Post by Formendacil »

I came across an interesting sigfig discussion a while back that got me thinking: of those of us who write stories, how many include themselves. Specifically, do you consider one of the characters to be you?

I can't say that I've deliberately chosen to plant myself in my tales, but one or two of them have some very familiar characteristics. And then there's that handsome elf warrior. There's no doubt about it, he definately looks like me, just a bit more yellow (I have never used a flesh fig, and I doubt I ever will).
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I've included one character in my stories that was me. He was a supporting character who was a smuggler and sky-pirate, and I killed him off a long time ago along with his crew. (His airship went KABLOOM!) But that's about it.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hmm, well I can't say that I have ever made myself a fig of myself. However, some caracteristcs of some of the figs is similar to mine. Also if I ever can't think for a name for some one, I give them mine.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Yes, I consider myself to be a major character in my castle realm (And in CC Roleplay). I just think its cool to make a minifig to represent you and your greatness (I guess the title of this topic is true...).
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I've some characteristics of myself within several characters in my Ancients Theme. There is however 1 character who IS supposed to be me thousands of years ago.

That guy is the Mandirigma-Hari (Warrior-King) who is my sig-fig.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

My Characters in the C-C Roleplay; Bjarn, Shainya, Dale, Lord Void, Majisto, Rosa and others really don't have any of my characteristics. As far as I know, I am not old, grumpy, orphaned, evil or a girl :shock: :wink:

My sig-fig, known as Earl of Wells (or Lord of the LEGO, accounts vary :wink: ), looks exactly like I do in real life exept I don't wield a sword about, but he really hasn't evolved from sig-fig to character yet.

I do plan to sometime bring a character into the C-C Roleplay who is a clone of myself with a few 'upgrades' (super-strong, skill with every concievable weapon and encredible good looks, perhaps? 8) ). For now however, no character I have created is 'me'.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

My sig-fig is totally different from the character above; It changes from time to time. My Sig right now is Derrik Ibrahm, Dunharin tracker.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I always have at least one fig in each theme that represents me. I have two in the castle theme, a black knight and a forester, and I use either one according to my mood. I also have one the represents my girlfriend. I just use the blacksmith's wife dress, a standard female head and the long, braided hair from the Episode I sets.