Duplo Castle?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Duplo Castle?

Post by Athos »

Don't know if this has been seen before but there appears to be a new Duplo Castle line. Check it out here:

http://robothek.bei.t-online.de/Lego/Katalog2.jpg

Can't tell much from the picture. Looks like there is a double bladed battle axe. New shields. Maybe an arabalest. Red Dragon (though it looks quite childish). Seems to be slated for an "Oktober" release.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
mfuss903
Villein

Post by mfuss903 »

The set itself looks cool - but other than having the 'Duplo' name on it that is in no way Duplo. It really goes against everything Duplo is and stands for. I do not think I see a single brick in there. Sure there is some studs on some of the elements, wheee. This is such a blatent rip-off of other toy lines its a shame.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Lego has been lowered to cloning the clones! This becomes "This week's sign the Apocolypse is upon us."
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

People who imagined that are not very gifted !!! :x

I thought that LEGO had touched the bottom with Jack Stone, I was mistaken... :(
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Duplo!!!! That isn't Duplo, that's some sort of a new Jack Stone sort of thing (except that is even more ridiculous and un-Legoish), except that where Jack Stone displayed a ludicrous original idea, this is a magablox ripoff! Lego, I am almost ashamed to have your logo on every stud I own.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Duplo Castle?

Post by footsteps »

Despite the complaining of others, I look at this and think "parts pack" :wink: -- provided of course that there are truly some interesting parts in this. In lieu of a parts list at the moment, I'd say it looks pretty interesting.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

It looks very much like a rip off of MBD. Sadly, it has a much more authentic medieval look to it than KK2 does.

I don't like the fact that it's all custom parts, but I wish the emblems and general castle shapes were used in KK2 instead of the stuff KK2 has.

Oh well.

Maybe in a few years TLC will take the best of both and give us a really good castle line.

Anyway, those DUPLO sets are pretty useless. The few interesting parts they do have would be too large to use with minifig scale stuff.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Hey kool! A new Playmobil line...

Err...what's this got to do with Lego?

That's just sad...I mean, it's not Lego, nor Duplo. Playmobil is kool, but they don't need Lego competing.

Footsteps: are any of the pieces actually compatable with REAL Lego? If so, then that's awesome. The crossbows especially.

Cm2
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Yes, it almost does look like playmobil. And yes, I agree - this has nothing to do with duplo. I believe that duplo was meant to be more "freestyle" - no specific themes or anything. Just some simple building Blocks to get kids going.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

It seems to me like TLC is trying to copy Playmobil. The set in general looks like PM, but at some parts there are normal Lego bricks.

As for the stuff being compatible with the nice-sized figs, I know that a lot of the PM stuff does fit in a minifig's hands, though a lot of it is out of proportion.

--Caleb
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't know about cloneing or copying, but you all must consider that appearances aren't always what the things are really like. For instance, you do realize that every thing is much bigger than regular lego. It looks like it is the same size, but it is at least twice the size.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

I don't think that most users of Duplo are old enough for that Castle-uplo
Kev
Bailiff

Some of those pieces aren't bad...

Post by Kev »

...but yeah, why does the duplo set get cooler and more historically accurate heraldry?
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

What would you rather have, some little guys to addto your ranks in LEGO or Megablocks? And think, it'd be just like megablocks in a slightly different scale and with better quality! :P
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Ack... it's finally reached the point that I can't tell who's cloning who anymore. :(

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net