A new, previously unknown KK2 Set?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

This is a mix between KK2 and classic modular castles ?
Good idea.
I hope it's true.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Looks good. Not the best, but it certainly beats the last seige set - "Bull's Attack". It says "29.99" in Euros - that looks like a good deal even though I don't know what that would be in US dollars. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe there is a chrome shield attached to the wall there.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Ok so we're stuck with KK2, and most of us (because of our addiction) have embraced them to one degree or another. The big castle will be good for all the slopes (75deg). This combo pack for some figs and parts, Vladek's encounter for black knights/ barding/ purple knights. But the use of turret tops and those new wall panels gag me. I have, however, found a use for those turret tops. I am currently working on my first "raised" castle. For the supports underneat I am using turret tops in addition to the colourful bricks not used for the main model. Solid, good use of otherwise marginally useful pieces.
Troy T. Moore
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

Wow Anthony, you put this up really fast.

I would kill for this set. The wall is great, and it has some good peices on it. I like the seige tower. Its too bad it only comes with 1 scorpion soldier .
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

And look at that! The Scorpions got 4-bladed-spears! AND the old DM-helberd as well!
Looks real rood!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

kajo163 wrote:And look at that! The Scorpions got 4-bladed-spears! AND the old DM-helberd as well!
Looks real rood!
I'm happy to see that we get the 4-bladed pike things in these sets. I didn't get any from the Orient Expedition sets, because none of the sets with those in them would have been very useful to me.
It's also nice to see the halberd, because I've cut most of mine down into battle axes.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

jamitjames wrote
Does anybody know what is that chrome gold thing under the Black Knight(with the red sword), near the front part of the battering ram?

Erwin
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

That would be the golden Dragon head from the Adventurers "Dragon fortress".

Neat as the modular idea is though, it is poorly designed. Nevertheless, this set looks much more promising than any of the others, and it would be worthwhile to get.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

The idea of this set is kind of good however it's implement is poorly. It's based on the legendary 6061 set. I don't like the concept of the 1 brick high baseplates. However it brings back some of the modularity of sets from the 80's. IMO this set (actually I think they are 2 sets) should be a completion part of 8780. The Siege Tower set is far from looking good but as many said those two sets looks better then all the previous ones.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

LEGO_KNIGHT wrote: a clearer picture http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crazy ... 998800.jpg
The Golden "Dragon Head" doesn't look like a dragon head to me. It looks more like a horse helmet. Does anyone else see it?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

That is the golden dragon head. I have a few of the golden dragon and if you take the jewels out of the eyes and take the head off the body and it does indeed look just like the dragon head pictured. A horse helmet would have been nice, but a dragon head it is. Such is life...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Manwe_Valar_of_air
Serf

Post by Manwe_Valar_of_air »

I think that that set is by far the best knights kingdom 2 set yet.
I'm Manwe mightiest of the Valar and lord of the Undying lands.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

If the two sets are 1) a fortification, and 2) a seige tower, then I'll likely look for the fortification alone for multiple copies. I just want parts, parts, parts, and there is little in the seige tower that interests me.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

But how will this set fit in with lego's precious story?

I am not that excited about this set. The bad guys are just vladek and ONE shadow knight, and the set is on a brick-high base-plate. That is too high.