Lego Music Sets

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
The Brick Rat
Laborer

Post by The Brick Rat »

boses wrote:This thread reminded me of my lute-playing creatures...

Cute little creatures there, boses. They remind me that what I would most like to see is medieval type instruments.

Drum (made similarly to the Indiana Jones pouch accessory - a small drum with strap that fits over a minifigs shoulder - with drumsticks also).

Lute.

Large harp.

Small harp/lyre (i.e. handheld).

Flute/Recorder.

Viol.

Tambourine.

Harpsicord (brick built).
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I am glad you like my lute-players...I also made a harp...

I used a gold ninja piece to make a small harp...

Thank you, please tell me what you think...
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

As much as I would love this to happen, I don't think it's likely. I recall the White Stripes approached LEGO with an idea for a White Stripes LEGO set, around the time of their "Fell in Love With a Girl" music video, and LEGO turned them down.

Of course, time has passed since then, and LEGO more actively targets older builders (not to mention the White Stripes are more popular!) so maybe more musician-based minifigs could happen. I hope they do.

I want my LEGO city to feature more than just construction workers and emergency personel!

You know that "Community Workers" set of minifigs? I could see LEGO creating a set sort of like that, but not just with workers - a "Community People" set, if you would, which could feature musicians, artists, mimes...I would totally buy that for my town. The "Community Workers" set puzzles me, a little bit...I mean, every town needs more minifigs, but why give us a set of minifigures we already have too much of? I could see a "Community People" set selling even better than "Community Workers."

Or else LEGO could make a "Central Park" set - a green baseplate with trees, a gazebo, and some park performers. I can see AFOLs (sadly, probably just AFOLs) eating that set up, if it was priced right.
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

well some comutie workers would be nice and maby some country or jazz but...Not Rock! 1 i hate it 2 some parents are against rock (like mine) 3 it would tarnish the reputation of TLG (especially if it tanked).
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Re: Lego Music Sets

Post by Sir Dano »

Peppermint Pig wrote: D. Country/Folk. Nuff said.
Hey, you skipped my favorite:
Fiddle, steel guitar, black cowboy hat, whiskey bottle... Oh wait, maybe LEGO shouldn't do a country one...
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

This is something I have been waiting years for Lego to make. It's a good thought.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Hmmm. This is an interesting idea. It doesnt appeal to me a ton but it might be cool to see the different instruments.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

This is a good idea. As long as they make castle-y instruments too. Come to think of it, didn't they make a flute of some kind before?
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

Yeah, that wizard's flute... right. I remember trying to make a decal for it a while back (they're easy decals to make, flute ones).
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Huge bump, but thought this might be a little relevant.

Lego Rock Band Game in Development.

It seems a little out of the blue, but Warner Bros now own the developers that did the previous games. While there was suggestions that we'd be getting a Lego Harry Potter or something related to an existing IP, it seems they want something altogether new. Creating a Harry Potter title would be difficult too because of all the licensing, so maybe the creation of a fresh franchise is a result of that?

I'm wondering if this goes ahead what the chances are of seeing Lego support in the form of sets and minifigs?
knight howdy
Laborer

Post by knight howdy »

i would love to see the METAL music style.
(woohoo...it's just awsome)
So....you think you can build with lego.