Mad Minifigs, a lego wargame.

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
dwarf-brik
Gong Farmer

Mad Minifigs, a lego wargame.

Post by dwarf-brik »

Hello all,

I have been surfing the net for lego wargames, and have not found anyones that appealed to me. So I decided to design my own lego wargame on a whim. The materials needed to play are as follows: two rulers of any type, two 20 sided dice (d20's), a bunch of index card with lines for writing on one side, and last ut not least, lots of lego minifigs. Here are the rules.
Pre-game: taking your index cards, write down your troops stats. here is an example:
Royal swordman :hp: 3 _ _ _

dmg: 3. this is how much dmg the guy inflicts when he successfully rolls higher than the opponents def number
def: 13. this is how high the attacker must roll to dmg his opponent. note that the defing player does not roll def. example: fig A is being attacked by fig b. fig b rolls a 14 and he hits because fig A's def value is 13. fig A takes 3 dmg, and ticks it off on little dashes.
move :7'' this is how many inches the fig can move.

after the cards have been made start the game.

when the game begins, all players must agree on where their start zone is. After agreeing and deploying troop's how ever they want as long as they are BEHIND their start zone boundary line( you can make this with duct tape or some other tape), roll the d20. The highest roller go's first. Player a moves all his/her troops and attackes if possible. player B then does the same. this turn sequence goes on until one players troops are all killed, or an objective is reached. Here is a quick note on movement: if your troop's are behind there start zone, they can move as much as the want.

I desinged this game to be simple and extremely flexible. If there are any question's or suggestions, please ask/tell me.

Hope you enjoy,

dwarfy
lego Castle '08, here I come!!
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I like your game. Awhile ago I made up my own game similiar to this, except I used a cutting board (the large cardboard fold-out kind) that was covered in 1-inch squares for a battlefield. I think the game would be cool with monsters to fight against and with, and vehicles (wagons, chariots, etc.) for enhanced movement. Maybe you could add fortifiactions with a set number of HP and a special feature like healing wounded soldiers or respawning beasts...I really like your game... :D

I also thought that you might need to label your troops to keep track of their HP. You could stick a small number label on the base or back of the minifig. This number then could be written on the minifig's corresponding index card. This way you would not lose track of even medium to large-scale armies...
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
dwarf-brik
Gong Farmer

Post by dwarf-brik »

I also thought that you might need to label your troops to keep track of their HP. You could stick a small number label on the base or back of the minifig. This number then could be written on the minifig's corresponding index card. This way you would not lose track of even medium to large-scale armies...

Hmm, that is a pretty good idea :idea: . I may try that sometime, but for now I will go with the little dashes that are on the sample army card:Royal swordman :hp: 3 _ _ _ .

Dwarfy
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

This does sound like a pretty good game system. However, large-scale encounters with over a hundred minifigs would get pretty tiring. This would work well for a more tight, DnD-style game. I just need some 20-sided die.
dwarf-brik
Gong Farmer

Post by dwarf-brik »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:This does sound like a pretty good game system. However, large-scale encounters with over a hundred minifigs would get pretty tiring. This would work well for a more tight, DnD-style game. I just need some 20-sided die.
Yeah, this game is desinged to be for skirmish to medium battles. The largest game yet that I have plyed had all the minis from kings castle seige, dwarf mine and skeleton prison carriage. It was very fun and only lasted a 1/2 hour.

dwarfy