Secret Lego Man, Secret Lego Man.

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Count Blockula
Villein

Post by Count Blockula »

Here's a good photo Ace took of the arm, from the side:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/no_onions/2276253845
Castles are kinda' like big, non-electrical stone spaceships that don't fly. Plus, you can stick your head out the window and breathe, and your eyeballs won't explode.
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

Nice one, Count!
Wow, a good-sized rubber tread in a $10 set!
I also love those cyborg arms!
dwarf-brik
Gong Farmer

Post by dwarf-brik »

Personaly, I like these sets a lot! Stone me to death now, if you want...

dwarfy
lego Castle '08, here I come!!
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

Dr. J wrote: I also love those cyborg arms!
i'm quite surprised that PC police didn't crack down on TLC yet. :P their depiction of evil people = those with prosthetic body parts, i.e. the handicapped. i mean it is okay for humans to fight skeletons and aliens and robots. but fellow humans with a disability too? :P isn't that going too far? actually i was just being silly.
Horak the Great
Peasant

Post by Horak the Great »

I'm actually impressed with this theme (along with Star Wars, Castle, and to a lesser extent, Town/City). I would go far as saying that I actually like these sets more than what Lego has come up with recently for Castle. I'll probably get 1 of each of these.
NinjA
Serf

Post by NinjA »

it looks like new alpha team sets............well i spoke to soon those actully look pretty cool........ill prbly and up buyin them when they come out.l.o.l.
(O_o)
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I'm not too interested in this line, but it is likely to be a good seller. I like some of the parts and figs as discussed already. BrickLink here I come.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I'm not a fan of the theme/concept at all, but I am interested in 8633 Speedboat Rescue. There's a lot of good parts in there, and say what you will about the sharks, along with the new female hair for me at least they're must haves.

8632/The Swamp set could be pretty useful too- there's plenty of great pieces in there for something Pirate/Adventurer based.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

dwarf-brik wrote:Personaly, I like these sets a lot! Stone me to death now, if you want...

dwarfy
Well, you asked for it... :D No, actually I will wait and see. I 'll buy a set and play with it and see how it does. There is always the Bond/Bourne movies to take inspiration from. At least we have new parts, which is a good thing. I can't wait for that "jaw" helmet in black and/or red for Orc helmets. :D
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Very interesting, I love the new elements, especially the new minifig headgear and accessories. That laptop computer it cool, looks similar to the LEGO book piece.

Those are some big looking sharks. I don't quite see what was wrong with the old sharkies, but ah well, these aren't too bad I guess. One thing's for sure though, once they land in my hands it's in with the Brasso and off with their faces. :wink:

Cyborg arm is awesome for me, I can see myself coming up with an improved Vincent Valentine using that arm, perhaps modding it a bit first, though.

..Very interesting, very interesting indeed...

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

The only thing that could come to use, for me, is the helmet. The helmet looks pretty sweet, and it looks like a helmet for an orc.
-May your winds be fair !