thoughts about factions...

Discussion of general LEGO topics
boses
Man-At-Arms

thoughts about factions...

Post by boses »

I was wondering if any of you had made new factions but still used the normal faction implements (shields, flags etc.)

You might call the Black Falcons the Silver Ravens, for example...any thoughts?
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

You know I always thought the black falcons were the blue falcons as I started collecting after their fort came out. In later sets black falcons was never mentioned and almost all of the shields were of the blue type. Plus the guys were mostly blue.

I had tons of Black Knight type of guys (over 200) so I called them the blue falcons and switched out all of their helmets for grey ones. I consider them an ally of the crusaders. I have about 70 falcons and 100 crusaders.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I used to set them up as fictional kingdoms. But overtime I decided to put them into historical nations.

For example I have the Crusaders = Britons, Black Falcons = Holy Roman Empire, Royal Knights = Spain, Knights Kingdom I = France, Black Knights = Byzantium, Crown Knights = Kievan Rus (Russia), and etc.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

I usually use the heraldry from the official factions to make new factions for myself. I try to use the various factions to represent various ethnicities from history, while not as thorough as JPinoy's timelines I try to build a believable medieval world with BF's called Falkenhorst, WP called Lupenoir, and DM & BK's called red & black Drakson's respectively. Some of the new KKII heraldry and the fantasy era don't scream any particular ethnicity to me so I use them as multi-ethnic orders or nation/empires. I considerably change the colors of some factions while my Falkenhorst's look almost exactly like the official BF's. I've also created many new factions and minor knights to use all the individual Harry Potter heraldry I got, as well as mercenary companies and freelances, all with more creative names then "Fright Knights".
With some factions which came with multiple colors of shield (BF, Cru) I use the other color to represent a minor scion or sometimes a whole minor house (eg. Falkenhorst- Ravenhorst = Blue BF shield/yellow BF shield) and change the house colors to coordinate.
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
doodstormer
Bailiff

Post by doodstormer »

History of Terra, that's all I have to say about factions.
I usually use existing shields and heraldry as it can be a hassle to make decals for EVERYTHING.

Black Falcons - Knights of the Black Falcon
New Crownies - Empire of Moy Kara
KK1 Lions - Kingdom of Leon
Cowpack - Rydo's Raiders
Wolfpack - The Wolf Clan

I have several more, those are just random ones off the top of my head.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: thoughts about factions...

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

boses wrote:I was wondering if any of you had made new factions but still used the normal faction implements (shields, flags etc.)

You might call the Black Falcons the Silver Ravens, for example...any thoughts?
Calling the Black Falcons something like "The Silver Ravens" would be how I would name the different countries/factions in my LEGO universe. I just haven't had the time to sit down and define them on paper.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Rayhawk
Peasant

Post by Rayhawk »

I always thought the Black Falcons' emblem looked like a hawk standing half in and half out of a ray of light. So I still call the faction the Black Falcons, but in my family the emblem itself was always referred to as the Rayhawk symbol.