Here are the rules for the 3rd Battles Contest:
1. Build an medieval battle scene (all figs involved must be of castle persuasion. Ninja is allowed).
2. Custom pieces of any kind are more than welcome.
3. There is no minimum or maximum number of figs.
4. You may use beasts and/or mythical creatures.
5. You may not use clone bricks as this is a Lego fan site.
6. The battle scene must be a never-before-published MOC.
7. No progressive pictures. Don't show me how it turned out. Just one scene frozen in time.
8. Admins are allowed to enter.
Enter as often as you wish!
Entries will be judged on the action of the figs and realism of the scenery. I want to see believable and active figs. If a fig is just standing there, he better have a really good reason! Size of horde doesn't matter, its all about posing those figs. Lastly, I am the one and only judge, there is no appeal from my court.
The contest will end on April 5 at midnight PST. That gives all of you over a month to plan, build, and post (its also my birthday
). And if you don't have all the pieces you need to make the ultimate battle, try anyway. You might surprise yourself. The deadline will not be extended for any reason.
Please keep your pics fairly small, 800x600 pixels or less. I don’t like waiting for huge pics to load.
You may post as many pics as you like but no WIP pics. Just the battle, please.
No Photo Shop pics, please. Touch up or crop if you want, but no added elements.
Please submit your entries in this thread
1st place: 6080 King's Castle
2nd place: 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress
3rd place: 6061 Siege Tower
A note on the prizes. These sets were contributed by a very generous individual, who wishes to remain anonymous. They are not a member here. They were getting rid of their childhood Lego and wanted them to go to someone who could appreciate them. They chose me to distribute them. The sets are complete and in opened boxes. I built them all to verify completeness. There is some dust from being on display, but they are in excellent condition. I have never seen opened sets of this quality before. They even include the plastic trays, some have the catalogs, and the King's Castle even has a few of the original poly bags in there.
Let the battles begin!