Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Update: 2008 Battles Contest (Winners Announced on page 11!)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Postby JoshWedin » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:55 am

Kingpeteri wrote:I meant do we have to do it in that kind of style?


There is no particular style of picture that you have to use. If you look at the current (and previous year's) entries, there are all sorts of photographic styles. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. Just keep the pics 800x600 pixels or less.

Build On!
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

Image The Brothers Brick
User avatar
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre
Chevalier de Chèvre
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:35 pm
Location: Pondering what you are pondering

Postby pijani » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:53 pm

JoshWedin wrote:
Kingpeteri wrote:I meant do we have to do it in that kind of style?


There is no particular style of picture that you have to use. If you look at the current (and previous year's) entries, there are all sorts of photographic styles. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. Just keep the pics 800x600 pixels or less.

Build On!
Josh


could you link previous year's battle entries (just the tread) here or on msg, plz?
tnx

also links to the winner pictures
User avatar
pijani
Artisan
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: Serbia

Postby Hob Took » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Here's the entries for the 2006 battle contest.
And here's 2005's contest entries, though they are hidden deep within the thread as it also includes questions and stuff about the contest. Hope this helps.

-Hob Took
User avatar
Hob Took
Reeve
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Deep meditation chamber

Postby JoshWedin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:07 am

Hob Took wrote:Here's the entries for the 2006 battle contest.
And here's 2005's contest entries, though they are hidden deep within the thread as it also includes questions and stuff about the contest. Hope this helps.

-Hob Took


Also, here are a couple of MOCPages that might help:

2005 Winners

2006 Winners and Entries

Build On,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

Image The Brothers Brick
User avatar
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre
Chevalier de Chèvre
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:35 pm
Location: Pondering what you are pondering

Postby SavaTheAggie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:29 am

I'm really enjoying this contest, it's nice to be a contestant for a change. However, I'm not in this to win unless its first place. The King's Castle is a bit of a holy grail for me, I don't own many of the early castle sets, but there's only one that I truly pine for. I already own two black falcon fortresses, and don't get me wrong, in the extremely remote chance I won, and got second, I'd happily accept another, but that King's Castle...

I might even try to badger the first place winner into making a trade ;) (with appropriate additions for the difference in value)

--Tony
Image

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
User avatar
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:36 am
Location: Houston

Postby Peasantpeteri » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:42 am

SavaTheAggie wrote:The King's Castle is a bit of a holy grail for me


I know what you meant but please don't compare Lego to The Holy Grail.
User avatar
Peasantpeteri
Laborer
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:38 am

Postby SavaTheAggie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:56 am

Kingpeteri wrote:
SavaTheAggie wrote:The King's Castle is a bit of a holy grail for me


I know what you meant but please don't compare Lego to The Holy Grail.


I don't know, seems to be a good comparison to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXByCAIzos

You also might find THIS a good read.

--Tony
Image

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
User avatar
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:36 am
Location: Houston

Postby jamitjames » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:17 pm

A couple questions Josh. I have not seen them addressed or asked, so I hope I'm not being too much of a problem. :)

1. Build an medieval battle scene (all figs involved must be of castle persuasion. Ninja is allowed).

Would this exclude the Roman empire? Clearly the period of 40BC-300AD is not "medieval" but neither is Ninja considered medieval.

And are LDraw creations allowed?

Whatever your answers are, I'm looking forward to entering.
User avatar
jamitjames
Gentleman
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: The Great North White, Canada

Postby Kozai13 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Prince Imdol wrote:If Sava enters, we're finished. Jk. Hope you enter Tony!


Lol, so true. It discourages me, but I might give it a try anyway! Love the prizes.
User avatar
Kozai13
Peasant
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:40 am
Location: NJ, United States

Postby Elephant Knight » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:25 pm

I have noticed something about this contest so far. Nearly all of the entries have Cownies in them. I wonder why? Any one else notice this? Or amI just wierd?

EKnight
Don't ask about something: Just do it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life

The theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.
User avatar
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:34 am
Location: Hiding.

Postby Black Ranger » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Elephant Knight wrote:I have noticed something about this contest so far. Nearly all of the entries have Cownies in them. I wonder why? Any one else notice this? Or amI just wierd?

EKnight


As them being the only ones you can buy in large quantities... Hey! I could write up something about a Crwon Kingdom surrounded by other kingdoms, hence all the war! Good luck to all in the contest, I should my 2nd one up tonight.
Image
You like to write stories? My forum: http://thewritersclub.forumotion.com/index.htm
User avatar
Black Ranger
Bailiff
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:27 pm

Postby pijani » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:00 am

SavaTheAggie wrote: ... The King's Castle is a bit of a holy grail for me, I don't own many of the early castle sets, but there's only one that I truly pine for. ...I might even try to badger the first place winner into making a trade ;) (with appropriate additions for the difference in value)

--Tony



If I win (and I will, you haven't seen my idea, I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to stop working and to come and help with all of the strings! You will see:))))

AND if and when I win, you can have that castle for some castle building parts (any type, any color)

There:) I love LEGO:)

Ivan;)
User avatar
pijani
Artisan
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: Serbia

Postby JoshWedin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:34 am

SavaTheAggie wrote:I'm really enjoying this contest, it's nice to be a contestant for a change.


Good, I'm glad you are enjoying it. I imagine it is a nice change.

jamitjames wrote:A couple questions Josh. I have not seen them addressed or asked, so I hope I'm not being too much of a problem. :)

1. Build an medieval battle scene (all figs involved must be of castle persuasion. Ninja is allowed).

Would this exclude the Roman empire? Clearly the period of 40BC-300AD is not "medieval" but neither is Ninja considered medieval.

And are LDraw creations allowed?

Whatever your answers are, I'm looking forward to entering.


You aren't being a problem. ;) I have stretched the point in previous years, so I guess I'll do it again. You are hereby allowed to enter ancient battles. However, I'm not going to allow LDraw creations. For this contest, I prefer to see what people can do with the bricks they actually have.

Kozai13 wrote:
Prince Imdol wrote:If Sava enters, we're finished. Jk. Hope you enter Tony!


Lol, so true.


Its not true. I would consider it an enormous favor if people would refrain from comments like this, please. It is discourteous and it is defeatist in attitude. Thank you.

Elephant Knight wrote:I have noticed something about this contest so far. Nearly all of the entries have Cownies in them. I wonder why? Any one else notice this? Or amI just wierd?
EKnight


I noticed that same thing, so you're not weird. Or else we are weird together. :D They are new and easy to get, so I guess it is to be expected.

Black Ranger wrote:As them being the only ones you can buy in large quantities...


Exactly...

pijani wrote:
SavaTheAggie wrote:I might even try to badger the first place winner into making a trade ;) (with appropriate additions for the difference in value)


If I win (and I will, you haven't seen my idea, I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to stop working and to come and help with all of the strings! You will see:))))


That's quite a boast! :shock: Especially given the high caliber of entries already, and the number of people who have yet to weigh in. You intrigue me... :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

Image The Brothers Brick
User avatar
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre
Chevalier de Chèvre
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:35 pm
Location: Pondering what you are pondering

Postby jamitjames » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:00 am

JoshWedin wrote:I have stretched the point in previous years, so I guess I'll do it again. You are hereby allowed to enter ancient battles. However, I'm not going to allow LDraw creations. For this contest, I prefer to see what people can do with the bricks they actually have.

Sounds good!

A suggestion if I may, in the future define what ancient means to you. For me the first Gulf War is ancient. :wink:
User avatar
jamitjames
Gentleman
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: The Great North White, Canada

Postby LORD DOOM » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:31 am

PLZ PLZ postpone the deadline by 1 week. :cry:
User avatar
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: OREGON USA

PreviousNext

Return to Castle MOCs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buurli, Troy and 1 guest