Golem attack!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Olog
Villein

Golem attack!

Post by Olog »

"The humans have gone too far this time. They need to be punished, taught a lesson, and put back in their place."

Hotlinks:

Stone Golem

Griffon

overview

Another view

tower

Notes on Flickr

This is my entry for the battles contest. :) it's also my first real Castle MOC. It all started with the griffon head. It's all based on improvisation of parts, since my castle parts and figs (armor, weapons) is practically inexistent.

Thanks for watching!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

The originality of this MOC is very cool. The stone golems, the Griffon, the cliff face, Tower, and roof are all very creative. It looks like the "Humans" will be punished indeed. I'm guessing that they are being punished for tresspassing? Anyway, this is a contender in my opinion.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Moroder
Apprentice

Post by Moroder »

I really like the kind of "cartoonish but real" look of the roof. Your use of spears as spikes gave the landscape a rough look and the randomness of the stone wall is striking.

Besides that, the griffon design is great. As stated on Flickr, the claws are very cool, great use of the droid head piece. Your "griffon tamers" idea is really nice, sounds like another MOC is on the way, right? :wink: Awesome job so far!
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

For not having any castle parts, this is very good Olog. I love that golem and the spears in the ground. Those walls are cool and would be great to use as some sort or orc structure.

Great job. :)
Olog
Villein

Post by Olog »

Thank you! I did strive for originality here, new foes to battle.

Moroder: thanks! I'm not sure if it's on the way, after finishing this I feel like building 4 more Space MOCs :D, but the "griffon" guild could be used later on.

Rocko. I admit it was your captivating castle MOCs that made me try to build this. Thanks for the words! Can't wait to get my hands on the dwarf's mine and build something orc-ish.
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

Olog wrote:Can't wait to get my hands on the dwarf's mine and build something orc-ish.
Go for it! I'm sure you'll soon come to dominate the castle theme as you've shown to rule in other genres. :)
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

Ooh, fresh. You have a very fluid and original style, I love it.
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

Excellent work. This is a very different style from what we usually see around here. You griffin and golem look very well made. best of luck in the contest.
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

This has to be one of the most inventive cantle mocs latly. I really love it. Especially the mouintain and golem.

Erik
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

nice! but we need a gryphon and a stone golem in the official theme as well !!! :D

maybe in 2009? 8)
Olog
Villein

Post by Olog »

Thank you! :)

I'm really glad the originality in both idea and building style is appreciated. I'd rather amaze through originality than monumentality. I can't wait to expand my castle parts/figs collection which right now consists of under five knights and some old armor/helmets.. that's why some of the knights in this battle scene have "hair" instead of armor.

More critique and comments is awaited! thanks so-far.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

That griffin is awesome! Very good detail, the face, feathers talons.... exceptional!

The MOC is very creative. Thanks for posting it!

R
paleotaur
Peasant

Post by paleotaur »

All I can say is... WOW!

Oh, and, I hate you :P