What happend to Ikros?

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
tempuraja
Serf

What happend to Ikros?

Post by tempuraja »

So... what happend to Ikros: Chaos Skies? Garadaine has been sleeping next to Chaos for almost 2 years now. There was an excerpt/teaser for chapter 10 back in January '06, but that was the last I heard about it. Anthony...?
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I would PM Anthony about this, as there has already been multiple topics discussing this.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Is Ikros stagnant? Yes. Is it dead? Close to it. Do I plan to continue the story? I'm trying.

Honestly I've thought about just killing Ikros dead and moving on with my life more times than I can count.

Building Ulmaris Castle burned me out. It took over my life for a long time and I put every ounce of my energy into it, and I'm only now getting any of it back. I've been trying to finish writing chapter 10, but I've had so little luck. If I can just get through it, though, I'll be able to dismantle Ulmaris, reclaim my collection of grey, and go back to building castles again.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
natepc
Peasant

Post by natepc »

If it is any help, I just started reading Ikros a few days ago and finished it all last night. I liked it, more than I thought I would. I don't suppose Ikros is co-written by fairies? If it were, I could clap my hands and say "I believe"...

I do hope you finish it, but if not, it was a mighty fine read.

Nate C
Nate PC
------
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/natepc]Flickr[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I had wondered about this very topic, having read the story through quite a few times and liked it very much. I had attributed the lack of new material to "life events" such as job, marriage, new son, etc. Plus there were other great stories such as Andrastavia that just ended abruptly.

I guess we'll have to hope for the best and wait.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

If you want to use your bricks for other things, you could still just write the text of each chapter and finish it that way. If you have already planned what's going to happen, I don't think it would take to long just to write it.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

venvorskar wrote:I don't think it would take to long just to write it.
In my experience, writing takes a whole lot longer.

Text, in my opinion is the real polished thing. If anybody plans on publishing a serious story, I doubt it could be illustrated with lego pictures. So what I am saying, is try to finish the text, then maybe add pictures later.

P.I
Thomas C.

ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Prince Imdol wrote:If anybody plans on publishing a serious story, I doubt it could be illustrated with lego pictures.
I see where you are coming from on this, but I can't say for sure that I agree with it. There are several stories I've seen that are serious and use LEGO very well - although it is a tough challenge that all of us have trouble with and that we have discuss on CW all the time.

Still, Maedhros recently published a really good serious story here. Although it is only a few chapters, I think it illustrates masterfully how to use LEGO in a serious way with deep plot, full characters, etc.

Anyway... back to topic! :shock:

I can understand the burnout factor going on in Ikros. My story has been stagnant for some time - partly because I've been in Asia for the last 2 years while my collection is in New York. But that's not the only reason.

I had pictures and text for all three "books" of the Ancient Tomes of Chiron done 2+ years ago. When my hard drive was fried and I lost them, I was so "burned out" from the work that I didn't even bother trying again, and didn't want to try again, until I was in Asia many many months later.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

ottoatm wrote:Still, Maedhros recently published a really good serious story here. Although it is only a few chapters, I think it illustrates masterfully how to use LEGO in a serious way with deep plot, full characters, etc.
Hey, you're stealing my thunder! :P (But I guess I should say thanks ;))

Actually I was waiting for you to tear it apart over on CW so that I could polish it up a bit before posting here... but... who needs patience anyway? ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

i enjoyed it but i don't understand why any one would drop it but then agin i am only ** (age withheld)

Hey i just had an idia why don't you offer a contest to make the best story and offer some prizes which halve something to do with the story ( like a set of characters with names on cards and little stands)
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

This already happened not to long ago. The only problem with these types of contests is they take a heck of a long time to host and judge., and we are getting off topic.

P.I
Thomas C.

SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Danielas wrote:i enjoyed it but i don't understand why any one would drop it but then agin i am only ** (age withheld)
I haven't dropped it, I just haven't updated it. Dropping it, to me, would mean declaring I would never finish it. Perhaps if the stars align I'll be able to get it taken care of sooner rather than later.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

well good luck 8-) post a topic when you add a new chapter
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

If you wanted to end the story without dropping it,just make the heros defeat the villians and everyone lived happily ever after,the end,until a mysterious group of villians from the Classic-Castle Forum join forces,and destroy Ikros. just kidding
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Dr.Cogg wrote:If you wanted to end the story without dropping it,just make the heros defeat the villians and everyone lived happily ever after,the end,until a mysterious group of villians from the Classic-Castle Forum join forces,and destroy Ikros. just kidding
We already have. :D
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]