Hello!
Here is my contest entry:

Cross-section of the Siege

Click here for the picture

Gallery
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Wow, there are some incredible entries submitted so far :) Congrats to everyone (especially our esteemed judge) for making this an awesome display of Castle creativity!

Here's mine

Dwarfs' Gate
(Pic is BS link)

Good luck, everyone :)
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

My Seventh and (Hopefully!) final entry, a sequal to my 6th entry:

Revenge in the Armoury

After being nearly wiped out by the Crown Knights, (not to mention upsetting my 8 year old sister, who dearly loves the Crownies.) the classics send out the "Dark Cavalier" to assisnate the leader of the Crown Knights who lead all the attacks on the Classics.

Enough rambling, here are some pics:

Birds eye view

Behind you!

He never knew what hit him

Random shot of the armoury

Pic = link to folder.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Been awhile since I entered again.
7th entry:
The Grey Guardians:
A trio of warriors, called the Grey Guardians, protect the secret of an immortal warrior. But the greedy Crown prince, Prince Frederick, tries to find it, but is halted as this trio puts up a fight. With a little help.. :D
Gallery when Public
deeplink 1
deeplink 2
-----------
8th entry:
Black Falcons and Crown Knights try to stave off the evil invasion of their lands (so they can fight each other without trouble of third factions), as they hold 'Three Man Pass' (named for how many men can pass breast). The clash is one that will long be remebered in the history of the factions.
Good: Black Falcons and Crown Knights.
Evil: Mercenaries, Pirates, Black Knights, Goblins, Dragon Masters and Skeletons.
Gallery when Public
deeplink 1
deeplink 2
Donnovan Knight
Gong Farmer

Shhhhhhh, be vewwwy, vewwwy quiet; I'm hunting dwagons, hehe

Post by Donnovan Knight »

Shhhhhhh, be vewwwy, vewwwy quiet; I'm hunting dwagons, heheheheheheh

Click here for the picture

Rest of the images: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/53171

This is probably my last entry, but it was fun.
Majek
Peasant

Post by Majek »

Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Post by Peasantpeteri »

Lich Barrister
Gong Farmer

The Play was the thing....

Post by Lich Barrister »

...until a kidnapping broke out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25310960@N ... 376260038/

The whole folder is at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25310960@N ... 376260038/

This is a set I'd made for my own fun - to do up "Romeo and Juliet," with most of my attention directed to the stage and its layout - and the idea of a medieval battle staged on it intrigued me. The further note that ninjas were okay led to some fun with genre-mashing. (After all, who hasn't wondered what Shakespeare would have written if he'd been a ninja master?)

[Edit] I forgot to mention last night just how impressive all these entries are. If this is part of the fun of being an ALE, why didn't someone tell me earlier?
Last edited by Lich Barrister on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Transport, motorways and tramlines
Starting and then stopping
Taking off and landing"
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

Excellent entries everyone. Here is my second and final one.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=311189
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

heres my entry, not the best but, i ran out of time here's the link.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=311470
it may not be viewable yet
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

My entryFlickr Page

CommentHere

~Ziggy, who thanks Josh muchly...[/url]
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Giorgio Chronas
Villein

Feud at lake Kuku

Post by Giorgio Chronas »

Well, I see many people were busy in the last weeks. So was I.

Sorry for just posting a link to the pictures, no time for a small image here.

Here are the pics to my entry:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=311395

and if you want to read more about the moc here is the link to Mocpages:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/53273

Maybe I am the final contestant to post. Lets wait and see. Good luck to all of us.[/img]
Giorgio
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Here are my contestants.

Ummm…. Master I am not sure how well thought out this plan was….Vladek’s Folly

For months Vladek had schemed of his assault on the King’s greatest city of Bellevue. A city of no small wealth or numbers, having over one hundred thousand people living inside its great white walls, it was the chief city of the entire realm.

At long length the moment had come. With the king away at war outside his realm with most of his armies Vladek left his lair.

For months he had prepared for this. He sent scouts and spies infiltrating deep into the kingand city’s organisation and operations. He had decided a quick assault was the only way to take Bellevue. It would be but two days, possibly three by the time word would reach the king where he was encamped and in a week’s time or perhaps slightly more the king would be able to return and lift a siege. So Vladek built ladders. Hundreds of them for a lightning escalade.

He knew if they were to make great speed then the ladders would have to be built before the march to avoid the time of construction once there, not to mention the possibility of lack of materials. They would have to be light but stable so they would need to be made with precision to avoid excess wasted height. He had decided on no excess at all for fear of the excess weight. Three of his spies had personally measured the wall along a section that was the lowest. With these made and loaded into his war wagons, his men arrayed and assembled he was ready.

His march went without fault. His men were steady and eager. They would soon have the wealth of the richest of the King’s cities. They stealthy reached Bellevue under cover of dark.

With the first grey gleams of day upon the white walls of Bellevue he ordered the escalade. His men raced to the wall in anticipation of the easy victory. The few guards of the city were confident in the walls but knew their numbers would stretch them out over too large an area to effectively engage Vladek’s men.

Apprehension, fear and excitement all found their way onto the field. Then it happened. The first ladder reached the wall.

R
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Black Monarch’s Charge

After a quarter of a century of peace between the Dwarf kingdom and Black Monarch the expiration of the Treaty had come. The dwarves, humiliated after a series of losses due to a war found between many aggressors, had given startling benefits to the men of Black Monarch, mostly in trade of raw materials, arms and armour at prices that were an embarrassment to the proud Dwarf Lords, to avoid a lengthy and costly prolonged war. Now at peace with all their neighbours the dwarves feel as the accord had come to an end that it was time to renegotiate better terms more favourable and fitting their industrious, haughty and warlike race.

The Black Monarch seeing no reason to change such a clear benefit to himself and to his people saw to it they received a clear message. Shaving the beards of the ambassadors of the Dwarf Lords he sent them stripped of their fine robes and equipment and retuned to their lands in rags.

In answer to this the dwarves cut diplomatic ties but more importantly the trade into the Realm of the Black Monarch. All his lieges in their realm were subsequently removed from the kingdom with their own goods but not any goods they had purchased while there.

Retaliation came quickly and the Black Monarch sent a force of light cavalry to burn and destroy while his main army proceeded toward the dwarf realm. The light cavalry was surprised by a dwarven field army and fled to speed word to the Black Monarch of their approach. Upon hearing this news he sped ahead of the knights of his army and caught the dwarves out army unawares such was his haste and destroyed a great deal of them and sent most fleeing.

The dwarf lords upon hearing of this disaster quickly sent a second force to regroup the scattered army and then to meet the Monarch’s approaching army. The Monarch, a clever and war-wise leader heard word of this second force soon after they left their great walled valley and raced ahead with his army of knights to meet them before they could gather a large force. Having defeated the first army with ease and not having fought the dwarves in almost three decades the Black Monarch feared nothing.

Having no cavalry of their own the dwarves had developed war wagons of many designs. The Monarch had never fought or seen these wagons before and upon hearing his enemy army was mostly wagons had little concern. Unbeknownst to the Black Monarch their strongest battles of war wagons had left in force led by four of the eight great Dwarf Lords to meet the Monarch’s army. They too had scouts on the prowl and heard his infantry, particularly their archers were days behind the force of knights so they devised a stratagem of their own.

The Dragon Lords catching the dwarf army sat on the great plain along the dwarf realms boundary the Monarch’s lands. Still hoping to be able to surprise the force of dwarves and therefore to renew the treaty to his terms the Black Monarch ordered his men forward.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x232 ... tEntry.jpg]

R

-IMAGE CHANGED TO LINK BY MODERATOR: DO NOT POST IMAGES LARGER THAN 300 x 400.