US PaB walls question

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
The Phantom
Freeman

US PaB walls question

Post by The Phantom »

I'm going to Tysons corner Lego shop soon, and I've never been there (I live 11/2 hrs away). So, I'd like to know all about the PaB walls. How much does each container cost? Could you fill them w/ whatever you want? Would it be cheaper than Bricklink?

Anything else you could throw in about it would be great. Thanks!
><>Ben<><
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I haven't been to the Tyson's corner store, but I've been to several others. The large cups are around 12 bucks and the smaller cups are around 7 bucks. You can fill them with whatever they have in the PaB bins on the wall. There are actually tutorials around to teach how to fill a cup most efficiently, but I can't find any of them right now. If you are getting large bulky items, make sure you fill in the gaps with smaller pieces. Sticking pieces together tends to pack them tighter as well, if you have the time.

It can be cheaper than Bricklink, if you pack your cups well.

I live about the same distance from my local store and I think the trip is well worth it!

Have fun,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Just an FYI, Tysons has had a pretty boring PAB selection the past couple months. Your own opinion of course will vary depending on what you're looking for, but they've recently just had a lot of "standard" stuff like 2x2s, 1x4s, and 2x4s in regular colors like blue and red– which, if that's what you're looking for, could be good, I guess.

The last time I was there a couple weeks ago their inventory included transparent bricks (red, blue, and clear), flower stems and pink flowers, the little black "valve" wheels, some slope pieces, wheels, and other stuff along those lines. Again, nothing that really jumped out at me.

They did have a decent selection of tiles in white and dark red, a bunch of trans-yellow 1x1 stud pieces, and dkbley grille tiles.

m19
The Phantom
Freeman

Post by The Phantom »

Thanks Josh & m19. I really only need basic stuff, so thats good. I may be going once soon, & or in Nov. Hopefully they'll have more greys by then.

If theres any other info, please feel obligated to post. :P

Thanks!!!
><>Ben<><
The Phantom
Freeman

Post by The Phantom »

More questions:
(for M19)
1) Do they have plants usually?

(for anyone)
2) Roughly how many 1x2 bricks can fit in a large cup? (I need 350)
><>Ben<><
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

I can answer question one, sort of: they had plant stems both around Christmas and a few days ago, so there's probably a pretty good chance of them still being there if you visit soon.
HeartOfDorkness
The Phantom
Freeman

Post by The Phantom »

Thanks, and do they have the tree peices? (forget what they're called, the triangular and ovalish ones)
><>Ben<><
Sidorak The Hunter
Gong Farmer

Post by Sidorak The Hunter »

The Phantom wrote:Thanks, and do they have the tree peices? (forget what they're called, the triangular and ovalish ones)
My local LEGO store (Glendale, CA) always has the triangular trees but has never had the oval ones.

Each small PaB cup is $6.50 and each large one is $12.50. You can also buy a giant tub for $100 that holds about 12 large cups of pieces.

~Sidorak The Hunter
The Phantom
Freeman

Post by The Phantom »

Anyone have pics of the giant tub? :P
><>Ben<><
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Yeah, I'd like to see that, too. I imagine it's the size of the large Lego tubs you see in the store if it holds the equivalent of 12 large cups. That'd be a heckuva deal at $100. Almost worth driving the 5 hours to Chicago depending on the part selection at the time.
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Sidorak The Hunter wrote:Each small PaB cup is $6.50 and each large one is $12.50. You can also buy a giant tub for $100 that holds about 12 large cups of pieces.
Unfortunately the large $100 tubs are being discontinued. According to the LEGO store employees, they're supposedly going to be bringing in some kind of different tub for large-P.A.B. purchases.

David
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

The Phantom wrote:More questions:
(for M19)
1) Do they have plants usually?

(for anyone)
2) Roughly how many 1x2 bricks can fit in a large cup? (I need 350)
I was at Tyson's not too long ago and they had the green flower stem peices, I now have more of these than i could ever want. Also, I've fit over 100 1x4 bricks into a cup that had some other stuff, and i didn't take the time to pack them in super efficiently, so you could probably fit that many, or pretty close to it.