Thanks for the memories.....past and future

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Wow, I was so caught up in the insanity of today's forum, that I forgot it was Tuesday. This next member came on the scene last June, after I had become an active member. I was immeadiatly impressed with his enthuasim and the way he fit into this community. Aliencat is a great guy that always seems to find time to be active. What really impressed me was his work on redoing classic models with a bigger or updated style. I also like the way he makes a simple looking MOC look complex. He always seems to have time to chat with me and even shared a drink over the net with me on my birthday. :P I'd advise any newer builders out there that are overwhelmed by some of the bigger MOCs, to scope out some of Aliencat's stuff.

http://www.clanamnesia.co.uk/aliencat/stopthetrack/moc/
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Aww dude you make me feel all warm and mushy inside :P
Thanks for the kind words.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

I have been away from this forum for a while, and when I came back, I found this is truly a wonderful thread by Quickblade. It was quite a nice read - Thank you. :!:

You have indeed mentioned four wonderful Lego Fans (thus far), who are truly wonderful people.

I will be “tuning in” on Tuesday’s to read more of your reviews. – Great Job.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

After four weeks of highlighting some really great guys, I ran into a little problem. I couldn't decide who to profile next. In the future, I may profile 2 members at a time. I guess it goes with my CC quirk that has me mentioning the number 2 often (which is exclusive to CC btw :P ) Some people I want to profile just aren't that active at the moment, or I know very little about.

For now though I would like to highlight a member that I remember for having a really cool custom fig avatar. The green orc/goblin face decal was someone whom I liked seeing around on the forum. It also helped that he happens to be a fan of my work, both with custom stuff and my writing :wink: . It's are very own Mod, Ottoatm! Ottoatm runs another Lego castle site that I am a member of Castle World. In the past, I've watched him encourage people to write stories while also taking the time to read them. He is a true champion for literacy, no joke. I've seen him take stuff that I thought was pathetic and find at least one thing good about it and continue to encourage, without being sarcastic. The only real shame about Ottoatm is that he has been seperated from his Lego for far too long. So all in all, I'm glad to have met the green faced Mod. I raise my pen in salute to you Quilly.
Last edited by Quickblade22 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

It's Tuesday again, and I have another member I want to profile. For this next member, I wanted to show off someone whos work I enjoy immensely. Here is a younger member that deserves to get the credit for all the contributions she has done. Lamanda2's custom works are excellent. I've often marveled at the creations she has produced. If nothing else, I've been inspired to try some of the things she has achieved. I only wish I had the energy. Take a look at some of Amanda's excellent creations.......and she's also pretty good at photo-editing and that sort of stuff. You have your fans, not just me.

Flickr
Brickshelf
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

wow! Thats a nice gallery! You where right about the editing. But also her custom stuff is pretty good.
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I wanted to feature this next AFOL for all of you younger or newer members. When I was thinking of who's next, I had someone in mind that hasn't been seen in a while. The CC community is missing a member that is not only cool, but is pretty FREAKing awesome. I bet I can find some people to join me on a quest to find Lego Freak. Here is his fan-FREAKing-tastic gallery. He's a pretty good customizer and MOCer, so make sure you check out his stickers and castles. I bet the vets here want to see this guy back in the ole' ABS saddle as well.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Yeah, I miss Lego Freak :cry:. Come back!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I don't remember him all that much. But I assume he was a good guy.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

So I had a horrible day. What could make me smile for at least a bit? Not 1 but 2 AFOL's :) . Actually, I was planning on doing this anyways :wink: . As I've said before, there have been many members that I've become aquainted with. These 2 guys are old school. I think they're both older than me anyways. Classic Castle wouldn't be the same for me if it were not for these 2 familiar faces.

g2 is one of the first people that I got to know once I became a regular here. Not only was he extremely friendly, but his appreciation for other's works are hard to match. I miss seeing him around since he's not as active, but I remember those cool avatars he had. His current one is one of my favs for sure. Australia certainly has 2 of my favorite people on the net. I also remember that for a day or two that I thought g2 could be a long lost brother. (Long story :wink: ). Make sure you check out his gallery. g2

The Blue Knight is my other member I want to give thanks to. He comes from what I proclaim a 'hot bed' of AFOL's :P He's a great guy that I always seemed to like seeing around. He also gives me a chance to yell "The Blue Knight RULES!!" like in the Cable Guy. We also happen to share similar interests (Dragonlance :roll: ). I love his classic styled horses that he made and uses as his avatar. Check out his gallery The Blue Knight
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

On the 2nd 2's day that I'm showcasing 2 members, these 2 guys have alot in common. I'll cut to the chase :wink: The Wunz brothers made me feel at home here at CC instantly. Oregon truely has some great AFOL's.

Wunztwice's familiar avatar and his constant participation here has made me proud to be a member. His friendlyness and positive attitude is very appreciated. Check out both of his galleries of wonderful creations. Brickshelf
Flickr

Remyth is a great younger member that I'm proud to know. He shows maturity and is pretty respectful to others around here. He has some pretty impressive creations. Check them out. Brickshelf
Flickr

Makes me want to be a third Wunz brother sometimes :wink:
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Quickblade22 wrote:Wunztwice's familiar avatar and his constant participation here has made me proud to be a member. His friendlyness and positive attitude is very appreciated.
[snip]
Remyth is a great younger member that I'm proud to know. He shows maturity and is pretty respectful to others around here.
I second this entire post. The Wunzs (Wunzi? What is the plural of Wunz?) are good people. I am proud to know both of them. Keep up the great work, gentlemen!

By the way, this is a great series of posts. I wasn't following it very carefully and now I see that I should have. You have highlighted some very upstanding members of this community and I should have thrown in my 'huzzahs' as well.

My apologies to all the other members that have been highlighted and whom I missed!

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

This is awesome that you are doing this, Quickblade. It's refreshing to see how much members of this community respect each other.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Before I highlight the next 2 members, I just wanted to reinterate that I'm not doing this for popularity, nor am I leaving people out to slight anyone. Nobody's given me that impression, I just wanted to make it clear. Another thing I noticed as I re-read through my posts, is that they seem very, well.....mushy. I am very much like that 2x4 blue brick that somebody's stepped on in the middle of the night. No description necessary :twisted: Anyway's, here are 2 members that make me feel at home here.

Kelderic is a great guy. He's a younger builder (even if he is leagally an adult) that I respect. He always seems to have something worthwhile to say. He inspires with MOC's and encourages with words. I know he has a different page for his MOC's somewhere and it contains an awesome creation with a mountain pass.

Spongey is one of the first to welcome me to the site. If CC had a "Welcome Wagon", Spongey would be on it for sure. He's a friendly guy that is respectful of others, especially new members. He also seems to be my biggest fan of my hockey creations, which I don't seem to have many here :wink:. I'm always glad to see him around.

Although these 2 guys don't have a heck of alot in common, for some reason I seem to always want to put them in the same sentence. They're just 2 great guys that make CC worth it's weight in gold......err make that bricks :)
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Quickblade22 wrote:Before I highlight the next 2 members, I just wanted to reinterate that I'm not doing this for popularity, nor am I leaving people out to slight anyone. Nobody's given me that impression, I just wanted to make it clear. Another thing I noticed as I re-read through my posts, is that they seem very, well.....mushy. I am very much like that 2x4 blue brick that somebody's stepped on in the middle of the night. No description necessary :twisted: Anyway's, here are 2 members that make me feel at home here.

Kelderic is a great guy. He's a younger builder (even if he is leagally an adult) that I respect. He always seems to have something worthwhile to say. He inspires with MOC's and encourages with words. I know he has a different page for his MOC's somewhere and it contains an awesome creation with a mountain pass.

Spongey is one of the first to welcome me to the site. If CC had a "Welcome Wagon", Spongey would be on it for sure. He's a friendly guy that is respectful of others, especially new members. He also seems to be my biggest fan of my hockey creations, which I don't seem to have many here :wink:. I'm always glad to see him around.

Although these 2 guys don't have a heck of alot in common, for some reason I seem to always want to put them in the same sentence. They're just 2 great guys that make CC worth it's weight in gold......err make that bricks :)
I have to agree with you on these members. I always wondered to myself, what would Classic-Castle be without these great members; Spongey, and Kelderic--by the way, Kelderic, also was one of the first to welcome me.

These are two great role models for some new CC'ers.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn